chapter 3

Truth or dare
________________________________
~avanis pov~
the whole car ride to my house charli was silent. maybe she's just not completely comfortable yet. i mean i understand but i want her to be comfortable around us. we need to get to know her better, i have a idea! "why don't when the rest of the group are done with school they can all come here too and we can play t or d?" i ask them with a slight smirk cause like t or d exposes a lot of stuff. "oh my god, yessss!" amelie said with excitement. "i don't know..." charli says sounding unsure "i barely even know them" she adds. "well this is the perfect game to find out more about them" chase replies. "i guess. but you three can't leave me alone, ok?" she really is quite sassy but shy. "ok" we all agree and i text the group chat.
Crackheads🤡

Av🤍- after school will everyone
come to my apartment?

Addi💋- sureee

Nicki👉🏻👈🏻- what we gonna do?

Av🤍- t or d ;)

mads🧚🏻‍♀️- i have a feeling this isn't
gonna end well

Kovs🐝- wait av, where are u, am, chase
and charli?

Chaseyyy😝- funny story actually

Av🤍- we will tell yall when u
get here

justboringoldalex⚡️- ugh fineeee

mads🧚🏻‍♀️- see you guys soon!

Av🤍- see you soon losers!

chris🦥- excuse me young lady

Av🤍-you heard me :)

Av🤍 added charls🥺

addi💋- also hey charli, welcome to the weirdness :)

charls🥺- thank you?

kovs🐝- your very welcome
seen by all

i throw my phone onto the couch and say "bebe follow me, we have to clean your cheek up" she gives me a faint smile still with fear in her eyes. i lead her to the kitchen and she sits at the island while i find the first aid kit. "is this going to hurt?" she asked shaking with tears filling her eyes. "no no no, please don't cry. it's only gonna sting a little" i start panicking that she's gonna cry cause then i get sad and sometimes i cry and i don't wanna see her cry again. i love her to much. "you promise it only stings a little" she puts her pinkie out and i connect mine to show i promise. "you ready?" i ask "can i have something to squeeze?" she looks concerned still and that's when i get the idea.
"i don't have an item but i do have something" i smirk "i'm scared to ask but what is it" she smiles slightly. "CHASE!" i yell and he comes running into the kitchen. "what's up?" he looks a little confused. "hold charlis hand" my smirk grows bigger. "what-" he starts but i cut him off with "please chase cause if this stings or hurts a little she wants something to squeeze" i give him puppie eyes and he looks at charli to see the tears about to slip from her eye. he grabs her hand and intertwines their finger while i try to hold in my excitement. "here we go" i start patting a cotton ball with water on all the cuts and scratches. she keeps scrunching up her face and squeezing chases hand over and over signaling how much pain she's in. "i'm sorry bebe but we don't want it infected" i say with a sad face. "i...it's...ok.." she squeezes chases hand in pain between every word. i finish up and put a few bandaids on it. "owwie, that hurt" was the first think she said. "won't your parents notice?" chase questioned. "probably not, no" she looked down while talking. "you ok bebe?" i ask worried. "we can talk later" is all she says before there's a knock on the door. i walk over and open it to see all my friends. "heyyy" madi says to me while everyone walks inside. some of us give hugs and then charli and chase come out the kitchen and everyone's happy face goes to concern. "what happened?" addi furrows her eyebrow while talking. we explain everything to them. "she really slapped you?" nick asks "yeah.." charli says still a bit shy. "well, who wants to play truth or dare to lighten the mood?!" i say and everyone starts getting happy again. we all sit in a circle and alex is going to ask someone first. "amelie truth or dare?" he asks smirking. "truth" she says all innocent. "if you could chose 1 boy and 1 girl to take to a deserted island, who would it be?" he said keeping the smirk. "probably avani and nick if i'm honest" she replies like it's nothing but everybody smirks and nick blushes. "avani, truth or dare?" she asks me. "dare" i say but instantly regret it when i see her smirk. "call your crush" she says with the biggest smile ever. "ugh, fine" i go through my contacts until i find his name. i click the call button and it starts to ring. he picks up. "hey avani" he sounds a little confused. "hey anthony" i say a bit more confident than normal. "i thought you wouldn't talk to me after what those bitches done to charli." he says making sure i heard the part where he called them bitches. "thanks anthony" i say all cute. "i would love to talk but josh, nessa and bryce are hear and they can be scary" he chuckles while talking. "you aren't wrong" i giggle. "bye ava" he chuckles again. "bye ant" i say and hang up. "ava?" madi asks "ant?" amelie adds on. "moving onnn" i say thinking of who to ask. "charli, truth or dare?" she gives me the 'please be nice' face. "dare" she says with regret and slight fear in her eyes. since she's not been here for long i went easy.
"i dare you to hold chases hand for the rest of this game" she gave me a small smirk and i opened my mouth in shock that she wanted to. she walked over and sat next to chase then intertwined their fingers together again. everyone made a "oooooo" sound and they both blushed. "anyways" she said trying to change the topic. "addison, truth or dare?" charli asked. i honestly don't know what she's gonna ask addi either way cause like they barely even know each other but yeah. "dare" addi says with a smile. she's always been the angel out of us but guess the tables are turning. "call someone who you miss" charli says a little calmer than she was like 10 seconds ago. "like someone i don't talk to anymore?" addi asked a little confused. "yeah" charli replies. addis face went from smiles and happiness to scared and sad. she picked up her phone and scrolled through her contacts until she clicked one. she took a deep breath and clicked "call". once the phone started ringing you could see the regret in her face. they picked up. "addison?..." they said a little confused. i saw charlis face change as soon as she heard the voice. she leaned over and whispered in my ear "that's my sister...".
i really don't know what to say. until addi speaks "hey dix...". everyone else's face now went to shock. "why are you calling?" dixie says with a little sass. "just to tell you that i miss you..." addison squeezes her eyes scared of what she will say back. "i miss you to addi but you know we can't be friends anymore..." dixie says a little sad. "yeah... i know it's just hard.." addison sighs. "it's hard for me to addi but i have to go.... nessa is coming, i love you" dixie says with pain in her voice. "love you too dix" a tear rolls down addisons face as dixie hangs up. madi gives addison a small side hug as more tears start falling. charli walks over and puts out her hand for addison to take and she leads her to the kitchen. "hey av, can i stay over tonight?" amelie asks. "why don't we have a girls night?" i say in return and all the girls nod except kouvr. "sorry but i have to go see a friend early tomorrow" kouvr says. "ok, everyone else in?" they all agree then all the boys start to leave. "please call me if anything happens and stay safe" case whispers to me on the way out. "i promise i will" i hold out my pinky and he does the same. "byeeee" i say when they are all out the door. i close the door and shout "let's get this started!" and they all get exited but then i think about how long charli and addison have been talking. i'm sure everything is fine though.

———————————————————————
I'll sit and watch your car burn
With the fire that you started in me
But you never came back to ask it out
Go ahead and watch my heart burn
With the fire that you started in me
But I'll never let you back to put it out

|song of the chapter- watch by
billie eilish|

——————————————————————-
heyyyyyy angels. i'm happy to see so many of u enjoying this book so far. i'm very bored i'm qaurentine so expect a lot more chapters. i'll try post everyday. love u. byeeee. 🥰🥺🤍