chapter 4

Slumber party
________________________________
~charlis pov~
i took addi into the kitchen so we could talk in private. i didn't know addison was the one dixie was exited to meet and exited to hang out with, i thought that was nessa. does that mean she doesn't want to be friends with nessa? so many thoughts are circling my brain when addison waves her hand in front of my face and says "earth to charli" i snap out of my thoughts and back into reality. "oh yeah, sorry" we both laugh a little and sit down at the breakfast bar. "how long have you and dixie been friends" is the first thing that comes out my mouth. "since around december..." addison looks down as she answers. "so you are the one she wanted to come see, not nessa" i say a little exited. "why is that good? look where it lead us" she sighs as she speaks. "becauseee that means dixie must not really wasn't to be nessas friend" i say in the (yk the voice that they like have in movies when they have a plan that they want people to catch onto before revelling it, well that's the voice). "so you think nessa os forcing her?" addison asks confused. "yes, but nessa has to have a reason why she's so rude to everyone. we're gonna find it out" i say very confident. "i've already found that. it's cause she's a rich spoiled brat of a bitch" addison says with a innocent smile. "let's just go enjoy this night. we can deal with this later" i say knowing addison doesn't believe me. we walk back into the living room and i sit down next to avani. "everything ok now?" she asks quietly. "mind if i spill later, there's a lot to tell you" i say also keeping my voice low. "tomorrow once everybody leaves?" she asks me and i nod at her in return. "so, who's down for a movie?" avani says going back to her normal volume. everyone agrees and we begin a random movie. ngl it actually really freaking me out so every so often i do squeeze avanis arm wayyyy to much. but of course right at one of the scary parts someone knocks at the door.. "we'll get it" i say pulling avani up by her hand. "why are you taking me with you" she whipers when we get closer to the door. "i mean, we are in your apartment so of course i'm gonna take you" i whisper back. i reach for the handle and open the door to see three shadow figures. we both scream and hug each other. "well, never thought me two best friends would scream when they saw me" one spoke. i recognise that voice. "chase?" avani asks still grabbing onto me. one of the others turn on the outside light to revel, chase, anthony and nick. they are all bruised and cut. "ok. are we still watching the horror movie or?" avani asks and we all laugh a little. "you do know you too can stop hugging each other like your bout to die now" nick comments. "shut it austin, you three are scary in the dark" avani says trying to annoy him. "what happened to you guys anyways" i ask when me and avani finally let go. "can we come in and explain" anthony asks while chase is basically already in the kitchen. avani just shakes her head at him and walks into the kitchen, we all follow behind her and close the door. then amelie walks in and sees them. "oh my god, what happened to you three?" she asks snacking on some chips. "nessa and her little gang of followers" anthony says looking lowkey pissed. "wait a minute, aren't you one of those followers?" i ask. "once we tell you the story you guys will understand" nick says taking a sigh. "go ahead" avani says pushing them to spill. "basically, me and josh were just chilling when we heard yelling. we went downstairs to see nessa and daisy at the front door shouting at chase and nick. so of course i asked what happened. turns out nessa wasn't happy because chase and nick came over to try get them to stop being rude at bullying you guys. but then when i took their side she got even worse and made all of them beat us up." anthony says rubbing the red mark on his cheek.
~avanis pov~
"you two really did that for us?" i ask thankful for the fact they done it and also thankful that they are safe. "of course we did" nick says looking at amelie. "we may not show it but you guys mean the world to us" chase says smiling. we all have a quick little group hug. "you know austin, hudson, you two aren't actually that bad" i say smiling and genuinely meaning it. we all let out a little laugh while i go grab the first aid kit. "is this gonna hurt?" nick asks quietly. "man up austin" i say giving him a little nudge. i throw towels at all the girls and they start to help out the nick and chase while i fix up anthony. "just tell me if it hurts" i say giving him a soft smile. he nods in return. we finally finished helping them, there are cuts and bruises all over their bodies. all of the girls except from amelie and charli left. they said we were "ruining the vibe" because we let the guys in. so they all went who knows where to finish their sleep over. we all walk into the living room and throw ourselves onto the couch. "movie time?" amelie asks. everyone agrees and i turn on netflix. "can we watch it?" nick asks. "why always horror" i whine. "ooooo, is voni scared" chase comments. i roll my eyes at him at find it. "just to let yall know before we start.... imma be screaming like hell" i say smiling innocently and click play. half way through i glance over at charli and chase to see them holding hands. "i'll do it too if you will" amelie says like she can read my mind. "there's no way he likes me back" i sigh. "avani, are you fricken blind woman. he came to your house because he got beat up fighting for you" amelie whisper shouting. "when you say it like that it does sound sorta cute" i comment smiling. "now come on, let's do this" amelie says slowly turning to nick. i watch as they hold hands and stare at each other with their eyes glistening. i then turn back to anthony, he's staring at the screen intensely. i slowly pick up his hand and intertwine our fingers. i feel his smile looking down at me. i look up into his eyes, we stay like that for a minute until he puts his arms around my waist and pulls my body against his. i just lie here, cuddled up against his warm body, i feel like i'm in a dream. amelie and charli both give me little smirks, i return it to them with a glare. we go back to the movie and not gonna lie, i'm terrified. i keep screaming and anthony  pulls me in closer every time he senses that i'm scared. many screams and hugs later, the movie is finished. "jeez, that was terrifying" i state, all the girls nod agreeing with me while chase says "and you said i was the scared one" he laughs. "shut it hudson" i snap back at him. "stop annoying each other" nick sighs. "but that's what we do best" i whine. "why can't you two just be nice to each other or even like each other ?" charli asks. me and chase look at each other and sigh. then he speaks "we do like each other. we would take a bullet for each other but we just don't show it the way the rest of you do." chase says smiling. "but why?" anthony asks. "oh jeez this is a long story. get comfortable" chase says and we both laugh.

————————————————————
We live in cities you'll never see onscreen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Livin' in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know we're on each other's team

|song of the chapter- team
by lorde|

—————————————————————
i lowkey feel evil cause i left yall on a cliffhanger but hehe. also like this was a pretty chaotic chapter but like wait till u see the next one. oh and btw sorry i haven't posted in a few days that's because i like to make these long for yall so yeah. have a good day. love you 🥺🤍🥰