fifteen

avanis pov.

anthony and i eventually finish making the cookies. we may be covered in flour but we had a fun time.

"these are so worth the mess" i say taking a bite of my warm cookie.

"we're very talented" anthony mumbles as his mouth is full.

we finish the cookies and leave our plates in the dishwasher. when we both walk back through to we notice charli and chase cuddling with amber on the large couch.

"awww" we both whisper at the same time.

"come on, we should let them sleep" i say dragging anthony to my room.

we both jump into bed and i climb into his arms drifting off to sleep with a smile spread across my face.

___

we both wake up suddenly as we hear my buildings fire alarm going off.

"shit" anthony mumbles with his eyes barley opened.

i slowly climb out of bed with him following close behind me. when we reach the living room i see a confused set of heads peaked over the couch at us.

"fire alarm" i say grabbing my phone of the table.

anthony picks amber up into his arms and carries her out the door whilst i hold it open. next come charli and chase still half asleep. then my sister comes from the guest room following everyone else out the door.

i watch as i see all my neighbours running down the stairs. it's not until i turned around i realised why.

"oh my fucking god!" i shout looking behind seeing flames racing towards us.

i snap back into reality and grab both charli and anthony dragging them along the hall. chase follows behind as charli still has a hold of his hand.

"SHANTI MOVE IT" i scream at her but it's to late. she's lost in the flames. tears fall down my face like a waterfall as i get dragged along by both charli and anthony.

i don't take my eyes off the fire. i have to do something. if this was me she would save me without even thinking about it. i get out of there grip and start running towards the fire but of course chase grabs me before i reach it.

"ave i know you love her but she'll be ok. she fights her way through everything" he says not letting go of me.

i look at him with swollen eyes and puffy cheeks as tears still race down them. he pulls me into a hug as i stand there balling my eyes out. i watch as anthony hands amber to charli before he proceeds to walk over, lifting me up bridal style. i cry into his chest as the moment keeps repeating in my head.

once we make it outside both me and amber are crying. i can see the tears in chases eyes but i can tell he's holding them back. he's like my brother so he's known my sister for awhile too, so it isn't surprising this also hurt him.

i feel my phone vibrate, i pick it up and read the caller id.

little sis is calling.