eleven

avani's pov.

"griffin you answer it" charli pushes him forward before latching herself onto my arm once again.

"why me" he whines, a scared expression displayed across his face.

"you're the oldest" dixie agrees with us, now putting griffin in front of her.

"avani can fight better" his counter argument causes a few looks to be passed my way as they think it over.

"alright, fine whatever. you're coming with though" i say, standing up and dragging charli behind me, i keep a tight hold of her hand as we slowly make our way to the door. 

when yet another knock comes from the door it is followed by one from my bedroom. both our heads snap to the opposite side of the room, before we look at each other in confusion.

i decide on just going for it and throw the door open before closing my eyes, all four of us scream instantly until a familiar voice breaks through.

 "hey?" he speaks, sounding insanely confused.

charli's pov.

once i feel avani dissapear from my grip i slowly open my eyes to reveal the scene in front of me. avani is wrapped in anthony's arms, her legs around his waist, he has nothing but confusion shown across his face.

i let out a laugh as i turn to see dixie and griffin clutching at each other with their eyes squeezed shut.

"you can open your eyes now" anthony chuckles before placing avani back on her feet.

griffin lets out an awkward laugh as he scratches the back of his head, so clearly embarrassed from being caught.

"what's got everybody so freaked out" anthony questions, his eyebrows furrowed.

before we have to explain ourselves there's another knock from the bedroom, it continues to repeat continuously and we all just stare, unsure how to react.

"ava i'm scared" amber calls out, looking up to avani.

"we're going to be fine baby. i promise" avani comforts, lifting the small brunette into her arms.

"maybe we should leave and call the cops" i suggest, looking at them individually, hoping to see their thoughts. 

"we can't just let our apartment get robbed in the meantime" avani replies, the door knob then starts to turn, we back up letting the boys go in front, all scared for who might emerge.

eventually the door swings open with a bang, i flinch from the noise and my heart is practically beating out of my chest. i watch as two dark figures move towards us, only the light from the tv and the cracks in the blinds illuminating the shadows. when light finally hits their face's my mouth falls open in shock, i hear a gasp from avani next to me.