3

it was already starting to be dark outside, the sun had set and stars could be seen on the sky.

hyunjin kept his hands in his pockets, breathing in and out the nice evening air which made fume visible in the cold air.

hyunjin was looking at his shoes, stepping from left to right, moving around to keep himself warm. the school was already pretty quiet, almost everyone had left home except for some students who were studying for exams.

hyunjin took his phone out of his pocket, and checked the time. he frowned.

it's already 6.19pm, why isn't he here yet?

hyunjin waited for another 20 minutes in the cold air, his hands freezing. when it was almost 7pm, he came to the conclusion that the other boy wasn't going to show up.

hyunjin was clearly annoyed by that fact. annoyedly he started to walk home.

____________

"guess who talked to minho yesterday, though?" felix said to jisung.

they were walking on the school hallway together, their last class had just finished. they had left their lockers and were now starting to head home.

"i don't know? tell me" jisung said, glancing at minho.

"well, it was no other than hwang hyunjin!" felix said. minho rolled his eyes at the mention of the said boy.

"no way!" jisung said, couldn't believe him. "really? minho, what did he say to you?" jisung asked. "if he said something bad about you, i swear i'll throw hands."

minho smiled at that. "calm down. he just asked to meet me in the evening" minho said.

jisung's eyes widened. "calm down? that's a big deal! what happened when you met him?"

"well obviously i didn't meet him" minho said, puffing. "i wonder what he looked like, waiting for me like a clown" minho said, chuckling a bit.

"damn minho" jisung said. "you really are something else."

the boys went the stairs down, and before stepping out of the school building, changbin and chan appeared in front of them.

the three boys stopped in their tracks, surprised by the other two boys.

"hi?" jisung said to them, in a questioning tone.

"hey" they said, standing there looking at them.

"do you need something?" jisung asked.

"yeah, we actually needed to talk to you, minho" the blonde one, chan, said. minho turned his gaze to look at him, surprised to hear his name.

"me?" minho said, the other one nodding. "what about me?"

"hyunjin wanted to meet you at the back of the C-building" they said.

minho's eyes widened. "seriously?" minho said, his lips turning into a straight line. "like, right now?"

"yup. go meet him" chan said.

"could he stop bothering my friend?" felix said to them, crossing his arms.

"calm down, little one" changbin said. "he just wants to talk. we're going now though, so see you around" he said, waving at them and leaving with chan.

felix scoffed. "he's always annoying me!" he said, glaring at the two boys walking away.

"i think i'll get going then" minho said.

"wait, you're gonna meet him?" jisung asked.

"well yeah, if he wants to see me this desperately, then i guess he really has something to say" minho said.

jisung and felix looked at each other. "well, i guess we're gonna leave then" jisung said. "good luck though."

"thanks. see you tomorrow in class, jisung. bye" minho said, the other two boys leaving.

minho stepped out of the building, walking towards the C-building. to be totally honest, he was a bit nervous. why didn't hyunjin just come straight to him to talk? he didn't need to ask his friends to ask him.

soon minho got to the C-building, going around it to get to the other side. he saw hyunjin already standing there, waiting for him. he nervously walked closer to him, stopping right in front of him. hyunjin looked up, noticing the shorter boy in front of him.

minho straightened his back, trying to look confident in front of him. he fiddled with the straps of his backpack with his fingers. hyunjin was looking at him, hands in his pockets.

"why did you want to see me?" minho asked.

minho noticed a small smirk on hyunjin's face. "i wanted to talk to you."

"about what?"

"well, first, why did you bail on me yesterday?" he asked.

minho smiled. "because i wanted to."

hyunjin chuckled quietly, couldn't quite believe what the other was saying.

"i was waiting for you for a whole hour, in the cold" he said.

minho kind of felt bad for the other, but he didn't want to show it to him. "and?"

hyunjin glared at him. "you really don't care, huh?" he said. minho crossed his arms, looking at him with a proud look.

"why are you flirting with my girlfriend then?" he asked, looking at minho seriously.

minho puffed. "i'm not flirting with your girlfriend" he said, looking at him in the eyes.

"oh yeah? why do i always see you two together then?" hyunjin asked, making minho chuckle a bit and shake his head.

"i don't know, it's not my problem that she likes to spend more time with me than she does with you" minho said, a smirk visible on his face.

a small whine left minho's mouth as hyunjin grabbed him by the shirt, pushing him against the wall. he put his other hand next to minho's head, making him snap his head.

hyunjin was staring at him straight in his eyes, minho's eyes widening. he could feel hyunjin's heavier than normal breathing on his face. he suddenly felt really nervous, with hyunjin's eyes staring into his so intensively.

minho gulped. it felt like hyunjin could almost hear the thoughts going through minho's head, before he saw his eyes softening a bit.

hyunjin then backed away from minho, letting go of him. minho straightened his shirt and cleared his throat, seeing the other put his hands back to his pockets.

hyunjin took a deep breath, before leaving. there minho was, left standing alone, feeling confused about what had just happened.