9

minho was in school, walking down the hallway towards the cafeteria. jisung wasn't in school and he couldn't find felix or seungmin either. this meant he needed to eat alone again. he was a bit nervous, considering what happened last time when he was alone in the cafeteria.

he got into the line to get food. he looked through the food that they were serving and decided on some. he jumped backwards as he suddenly felt someone ruffling his hair.

"hey lil' kitty" hyunjin said, looking down at him. minho was looking at him with big, surprised eyes.

"shut up" he said and focused back into getting his food. hyunjin had a small smirk displayed on his face.

"you're alone today?" hyunjin asked.

"yeah."

"you should come eat with us."

minho turned his gaze to look at hyunjin with a questioning look. "no. your friends don't like me."

"who said that?" hyunjin said. "they'll probably love you."

minho scoffed. "yeah right."

"i'll protect you."

minho laughed and shook his head. "i don't need your protection."

"come on, you wouldn't need to eat alone."

minho thought about it for a while. that's true, and maybe his friends aren't that bad after all. if he thinks about it, hyunjin wasn't that bad either after getting to know him better.

"fine" minho said, starting to walk away from the line. with a proud smile hyunjin started to follow the boy. they walked to the table where changbin and chan were already sitting at. hyunjin sat down opposite of them, and minho sat down next to him. the two boys looked a bit surprised of the unusual companion.

"o-ho, lee minho eating with us! why do we get this special opportunity?" changbin said with a smile on his face.

"he's here because of me, you ain't special" hyunjin said, putting his arm around minho's shoulders. minho started to eat his food, trying to hold a straight face.

"wow, you two really do make a good couple" chan joked, hyunjin hitting him on his head.

"you're delusional" hyunjin said and started to eat his food.

"minho, has hyunjin been a good student?" chan asked.

"yes, actually. he's been learning stuff so fast, in the beginning he couldn't do any of the exercises right" minho said.

"yeah yeah, we know already" hyunjin scoffed, making minho laugh slightly.

"hey, isn't that your friend felix?" changbin said, pointing to a lost looking felix alone in the cafeteria.

"oh!" minho said as he noticed him.

"ask him to come sit with us!" changbin hurriedly told minho, gaining a glare from him. minho got up and greeted felix, dragging him with him to sit at the table. felix sat down with wide eyes, looking confused.

"why are we sitting with them?" he whispered to minho.

"just try to stick with it, they're not that bad" minho said. felix straightened his back, looking at the other boys sitting at the table.

"hey kid" changbin said to felix. "how's kindergarten?"

felix glared at him. "it's funny how i can see your lips moving, but can't hear anything coming out. weird, right?" he said.

"come on kiddo, don't be so cruel" changbin said, smiling at him.

"sorry, what'd you say? i don't speak bullshit" felix said, making the others burst laughing.