12

"what's wrong?"

hyunjin looked up, seeing chan and changbin looking at him.

"nothing" he said.

"you've been sulking for the whole lunch" chan said, gaining a nod from changbin too.

"it's nothing important" hyunjin said. "it's just... minho isn't answering me and he's not in school" he said, poking at his food.

"since when have you cared that much about him?" changbin asked.

"shut up" hyunjin said. "i'm just worried."

changbin sighed. "well, you can ask his friends about it."

hyunjin's face lit up. "good idea!" he said, and got up from his seat quickly, gaining people's attention at the close tables.

"dumbass, i didn't mean now!" changbin said, but it was too late, the boy had already left. chan was chuckling at them.

hyunjin walked in the crowded cafeteria, and tried to look for any of minho's friends. people were looking at him wandering around alone in the cafeteria, but he didn't mind. soon, he saw jisung, felix and seungmin eating at a table close to him. he walked towards the table and sat down next to them.

the three boys stopped talking, and looked at hyunjin who had just sat down next to them.

"uh, hey?" seungmin said.

"oh, hi" hyunjin said, snapping out of his thoughts. "i wanted to ask you guys something. do you know if.. minho is fine? is he at home?"

jisung puffed. "yeah, he's at home. he's sick" he said, making hyunjin frown. "he had a pretty high fever."

hyunjin looked worried. "oh no..." he said.

felix chuckled. "i'm sure he's fine" he said.

"yeah, okay, thanks" hyunjin said and then left the table as quickly as he had arrived.

seungmin shrugged. "he's weird."

______________

it was late, and minho was sitting at his desk, studying. he still felt a bit sick, but fortunately the fever had lowered a lot. he wanted to catch up on his studies now that he had missed today.

minho heard a small noise come from his window, and he looked there. it was already dark outside, but he didn't see anything, so he shrugged it off.

but he heard it again. he kept hearing these small sounds, and his paranoia was kicking in a bit. he got up from his chair and walked to the window nervously. he opened it and looked around, looking down and seeing hyunjin, standing on his yard with small rocks on his hands. his eyes widened.

"what are you doing here?" he whisper-shouted.

"i heard you're sick, wanted to come see you" he said. "can i come up?"

minho chuckled. "are you serious?"

"come on.." hyunjin whined. he lifted his arm up, where he held a bottle. "i brought hot chocolate?"

minho was glaring at him. he shouldn't. but he did it anyway.

"fine. but be quiet" he said, and saw a smile appearing on the other boy's face. hyunjin started to climb up the ladders, and minho let out a quick laugh. he couldn't believe this was happening.

when hyunjin had climbed up, he gave the thermos bottle to minho, getting ready to get in.

"be quiet when you come in. if my parents find out that you're here at this hour-"

"they won't" hyunjin said.

hyunjin quietly put his left leg at the window, and waited for a second, before jumping inside. he crashed on the floor and the chair next to them fell down, making a loud noise. minho shushed him almost as loud as the crash.

"sorry" hyunjin whispered, getting up from the floor.

"minho?" they boys heard minho's mom yell. they immediatly quieted down. minho panicked, staring at the other with wide eyes.

"are you okay?" his mom yelled.

"yeah mom, i'm fine. i just fell, nothing serious!" minho yelled back at her.

"okay, be careful!" she yelled.

hyunjin was covering his mouth with his hand, trying not to laugh. minho tensed up, and he looked pissed. hyunjin couldn't handle it and broke into a quiet laughter.

"i told you to be quiet!" minho whisper shouted at the other, pushing him with his hands. he kept pushing him and hyunjin ended up falling on minho's bed, pulling the shorter boy with him.

minho was laying on top of the laughing boy, trying to make him quiet down.

"shut up!" minho said, hitting him.

"sorry.." hyunjin mumbled between his breaths. when hyunjin stopped laughing, they were looking at each other, and minho realized that he was still laying on top of the other, hyunjin's hands around his torso.

"let's get hot chocolate" he said and rolled away from the other. as he was getting up from the bed, hyunjin took a hold of his hand, and pulled him back. minho landed half on top of him, their faces close to each other.

"give me a hug" hyunjin said, pulling the boy in his embrace. minho tensed up. their heads were resting next to each other's, minho's heart beating fast at the situation. it felt like hyunjin could feel his heart beating as their chests were pressed against each other's.

"hyunjin i'm still a bit sick" minho said, not knowing what to do.

"don't think about it too much, i just want a hug" hyunjin said, sounding more serious now.

minho slowly relaxed his body, and hesitantly hugged the other boy back. "okay."

minho's eyes were still a bit wide, trying to process the situation. minho slowly snuggled his face closer into hyunjin's neck, smelling the other.

"that tickles" hyunjin mumbled.

"oh, sorry.." minho said, embarrassed.

hyunjin let out a quiet chuckle, and ruffled the other boy's hair. "cute kitty cat."

minho felt the tips of his ears heat up slightly. he was thinking about how this didn't really feel like something that friends do. he wasn't sure of what was going on between them, but he knew he felt something for the other.

it felt comfortable. it didn't feel weird hugging hyunjin. it was warm and hyunjin felt pretty soft, almost feeling like a bed to minho.

hyunjin soon realized that minho had fallen asleep. he heard his breathing even out, feeling soft puffs of air against his neck. he smiled, caressing the back of minho's head slightly. hyunjin knew he shouldn't fall asleep here, but he felt so warm and relaxed. he didn't even realize his own eyes closing, until he had fallen asleep, minho still on top of him.