5

(tw; bullying)

the next day when minho was heading to school, he got a text from jisung. he said that he wasn't going to come to school because he was feeling sick.

minho pouted slightly. he sent him a get well soon dork, and got to school. the first half of the school day went by pretty normally. after his morning classes, it was lunch time.

he walked into the cafeteria, and got into the line by himself. his face brightened a bit after seeing the food that they were serving. he got his food, and went to sit at a table by himself.

he was peacefully eating his food alone, until misa sat down at the table with him. she was smiling brightly at minho.

"hi! i saw you sitting alone, can i sit here?" she asked.

"sure" minho said, stuffing food in his mouth.

"cool!" she said. "today at chemistry class the craziest thing happened to me! you see..." she started rambling.

minho didn't really have a problem with misa as a person, but she's been bothering him a bit too much lately.

"then it dropped on the floor and the glass shattered all over the place!" she said, laughing. minho smiled at her slightly.

"oh shit, it's almost 12! sorry i gotta go, but see you around" misa said, getting up from the table.

"yeah, see you" minho said. the said girl smiled and left the cafeteria. minho sighed. when did my school life get this challenging, he thought.

after minho was done eating, he got up to return his food tray. as he was walking, someone put their foot out in front of him, making minho fall on his face. he winced, lifting his hand to touch his cheek, feeling it hurt.

he could hear the kids in the nearby tables laughing at him. minho's face turned a little red. he knew that he was kind of a loner, but nothing like this had happened before. he shoved all the stuff back to his tray, thankfully nothing shattered.

minho got up, ready to start walking away from the situation, his head hanging low, until someone grabbed him by the shirt, turning him around. minho's eyes widened. he was staring at the other boy in the eyes, who then smirked at minho.

"watch your step, twink" he said, laughing.

"what?" minho said quietly. he felt like his heart skipped a beat.

"i've been hearing some stuff about you. always knew you were a little off" he said, gripping minho's cheek and wiggling it.

by now, many people were watching the scene unfold in front of them.

"like what?" minho hesitantly asked.

the other guy let out a small laugh. "i really don't think you want me to say it here" he said. minho was just done with him. he teared his hand off of him and turned around to walk away, but the kid hit him hard on his back, making him crash on the ground. he went to kneel down next to minho who was laying on the floor, minho's eyes widening. he felt the other grip him by his collar, and got ready for the other to do something to him, but nothing happened, as someone jerked him away from minho.

"that's enough" he heard someone say. he recognized that voice. he looked up, and saw hyunjin holding the boy tightly by his collar. the whole cafeteria was quiet by now. the boy was looking at hyunjin, with a bit of fear in his eyes.

hyunjin released the boy from his grip, and went next to minho.

"come on" hyunjin said, giving his hand to minho. minho lifted his head, looking at him confused. he was a bit hesitant, but took the other's hand and let him help him get up.