1. Moving in

"I just don't understand why you MUST go all the way to california to "discover" yourself" your mother said as you packed up your remaining items in your room.  You rolled your eyes at her for what felt like the millionth time today.

"I've told you, I need something new in life and I won't be able to get it if I'm stuck in new york my entire life like you and dad want" you said closing the last box, picking it up and taking it to the car, your mother shortly on your heel. 

"Well Y/N, I strongly disagree with this. Everything you need is here in new york. Remember your father pulled this same stunt to go to California and he left us. You should know moving away because you want 'change' brings nothing but problems." she snapped back and you felt the blood in your veins begin to boil. Whenever she was upset at you, she brought your father leaving her for a younger woman into the picture.

"I'm not running away from a bad marriage . I'm not running off to marry some 28 year old supermodel. I'm going because I can start a life that isn't started with 'oh my god! you're Y/N  Y/L/N? Your mother is one of the best lawyers in the country!' but you wouldn't understand how that makes me feel, would you?" you slammed the trunk and you saw your mother's face, she seemed to finally understand what you had been trying to escape from. When your mom is one of the best lawyers and a household name, little things start to get to you.  She pulled you into a hug and you both shared a moment of silence.  She pulled away and you could see her eyes were glazed over from holding back tears. 

"I know, and I'm sorry. You're going to do big things in california, the hardest part is not being able to be right next to you while do achieve them" you smiled at her knowing she was just looking out for you. You shared a few more words before you got into your car and started the very long journey to california.

~in california~

You finally made it to your apartment, and it was exactly like you had hoped it would be. (picture your dream apartment exactly how you would furnish it and all) You began to move boxes from your car to your 13th floor apartment, and of course when you aren't looking you bump into someone and drop a box full of books. 

"oh my god I am so so sorry! I should totally pay attention instead of dozing off into lala land" you said bending down and beginning to pick up the books that fell to the floor.

You heard a deep chuckle and a familiar voice. "no worries, we all have moments when we doze into lala land" the familiar voice said and you froze in your place for a second, to shortly look up and come face to face with the only and only adam driver. 

"Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed not only did I make a complete fool of myself while moving in, It just so happened to be the one and only adam driver" you said laughing at yourself while putting the books back in the box and adam laughed.

"oh please consider me a normal person, are you new to the building?" he said and you could feel your inner fangirl freaking out. You stood up and smiled at him.

"I am actually, I just moved into 1384" you responded and his eyes got slightly wide, and so did his smile.

"I think fate may be playing the cards here, because I live right across from you! oh please forgive me, what's your name neighbor?" he said smiling.

"Y/N Y/L/N" you said and he extended his hand to shake it.

"It was a pleasure to run into you Y/N, I have to run to an audition but ill see you around neighbor" he said with a wink and a smile and in that very moment you felt your entire soul leave your body.

In your 28 years of life you would have never EVER thought that moving to california would bring your fangirl dreams to life with the one and only adam driver.