7. Texting

- your POV -

After debating all night on should you text him or should you leave it alone and just wait until you see him again. You shook the thoughts out of your head and sent the text.

Y: hey! It's Y/N. I'm glad you reached out! Everything is water under the bridge.

You sent the text and threw your phone across the room and it landed on your armchair. The anxiety you had from sending that text was like you were in high school again. You pushed past the thoughts and grabbed your laptop to check emails and see if your client list has finally come in.

You scrolled through to sadly see your client list has not come in but you saw an email from your father. You could have sworn you filtered his emails to go to spam, but yet again you find him from time to time in your main email.

Before you fully clicked away the title of the email caught your attention. Family update: mias pregnant! Baby number 4!

You know it shouldn't have hurt. You were a 28 year old adult and he left when you were 14. He has the ability to move on. But the fact he felt it was okay to send you an email like that hurt. You opened the email to see your father, his new wife Mia and 3 children. Two girls and a boy, all holding signs that say baby number 4! It's a boy!

You scrolled through the information that was listed. It was just some basic information about his new family. Like a family news letter. His oldest is his daughter Jenna, age 14. Her sister is lily, Age 10. And his son Carson, age 7. You stared at the email trying to hold back the tears. You Had not seen your dad since you were 18 and graduating high school. Why did he feel it was okay to send you photos and updates about his new wife and kids. You felt tears build in your eyes, the look of how happy he is and his wife. And how happy your half siblings looked. Growing up your family never looked that happy. At least not naturally.

You wiped your tears and shut the laptop. You didn't need this kind of energy in your life. You told yourself you would message your mom in the morning about it and see what she had to say about it. For now you just needed to relax, scroll through Instagram and figure out some potential clients. You grabbed your phone and saw that you had multiple messages. One from what you assumed was Adam. And 6 from an old, friend.

Adam: hi, I'm glad we were able to push past that little moment. How has California been treating you?

You smiled reading the text and responded.

Y: of course, stuff happens. And it's been going great! I just got hired for a marketing team so I'm super stoked!

You hit send and opened up the other messages.

Unknown: Y/N, is this your number?
Unknown: if this is you, why did you move from California? And why was I one of the last people to know?
Unknown: I thought we were better friends than that, sugar
Unknown: oh come on Y/N. Please answer me. I just wanna talk.
Unknown: sugar
Unknown: please answer me, we can work past this.

Your breath got stuck in the back of your throat. Sugar. Only one person has ever called you that in your entire life, and it was your ex boyfriend kay. You purposely avoided places in New York because of him. You say there questioning absolutely everything about this. How in the hell did he get your number? How did he know you moved to California? You closed his messages and opened your best friends to ask her what could have happened.

Y: hey, how did Kay get my number and why does he know I moved to California. Did someone tell him?

You sent the text and waited for her to reply. And sadly it was in seconds.

Bff: Y/N I'm so freaking sorry I was black out drunk at a party and he was there and he took my phone and went through it and took your information I didn't find out until jake told me he saw him with my phone and after that it was too late and I didn't know what to do I'm sorry please don't hate me 😩🤕

You looked at the text in complete shock. Of course something like this would happen. You didn't know how to respond but luckily you got a text to take you away from the drama that just erupted.

Adam: well that's great! What will you be doing for them if you don't mind me asking?

You smiled and responded almost right away.

Y: of course, it's basically putting celebrities on Instagram and twitter for publicity and fan interaction. I'll basically be telling them this is what you should post you should respond to these fans so on and so fourth.

Adam: really? That's funny my manager was just talking about getting me into Instagram for that exact reason

Y: well, you should let me sign you as a client and let me help you build the perfect Instagram image :)

Adam: haha you know what I might take you up on that offer one day, that is very tempting. But it's getting late, you should get some sleep Y/N.

Y: you should definitely take me up on it. Goodnight Adam.

You closed your phone with a big smile on your face completely forgetting the fact you had bigger issues on your plate. You pulled up Netflix and put on 90 day fiancé and eventually passed out on the couch, without realizing your phone was blowing up right next to you from the one and only Kay.