Chapter 15: Beary Much

To the world, you might just be a person,
But to a person, you might just be the world. 

J A M E S

J A M E S

"You still have that? That is so adorable."

I looked up to see Tyler grinning like a maniac. Unfortunately, that maniacal grin was aimed at me, and the small piece of paper in my hand.

A thank you card. That's what was in my hand.

The little shit actually made me a card.

And like the stupid idiot I was, I remember exactly how the whole thing went down too- even though it was two whole days ago.

There was a big smile on her face. I instantly knew she was up to something.

"The fuck you smiling like that for?"

She stretched her hand out slowly- and when I looked down, I saw a piece of paper between her fingers.

It was a thank you card, a really small one that. By the looks of it, she had made it herself- judging by the drawing of the bear, a very good drawing of a bear- and the corny joke on top that said- 'thank you beary much'. 

"The hell is this for?" I grumbled staring down at it.

"I made it!" she told me happily, "It's a thank you card!"

I just stared at her blankly.

"I got you some candy too, but I um- I kinda ate it on the way here," she frowned guiltily. 

"It doesn't answer the damn question," I frowned down at it, "What's this for?"

"I told you I'd make you one, didn't I?"

"You can't be serious," I gave her an unimpressed look, but she had just smiled some more.

"Do what you want with it," she shrugged with the same smile, "But don't tear it in front of me, like you said you would. I'd probably cry."

I didn't tear it. 

I couldn't

"It must mean an awful lot to you if you've kept it," Tyler said wiggling his eyebrows. "Especially since you decide to look at it every time she's not around. Where is she, anyway?"

"Bathroom," I said nodding in the direction of the bathroom door, twenty feet away. "And that is not true."

He just gave me a look that screamed, really?

Okay- maybe I had decided to carry it around with me, for the past two days and maybe I found myself fiddling with it sometimes. Maybe I didn't like it when other people touched it, and so what if I put it on my desk when I was at home, where it was in my line of vision at all times?