3.6

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury crossed his arms over his chest.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked.

Nick waved it off, "Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony puffed out his chest.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that."

Steve looked confused, "NEXUS?"

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Banner explained.

"So what'd they say?" I asked Nick, rubbing my palm over Natasha's thigh, her finger nails digging into my shoulder.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed." Nick told me.

"By whom?" Tony looked confused.

"Parties unknown."

Nat raised her eyebrow, pursing her lips, "Do we have an ally?"

Nick tilted his head from side to side like he was thinking, "Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

Tony tapped his fingers on the table, "I might need to visit Oslo, find our "unknown."

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat chuckled, tucking a strand of her now, short hair.

"I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Nick smirked.

Nat smirked, shooting Steve an amused look, "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk"

Steve clacked his tongue, his eyes dancing with amusement, "You know what, Romanoff?"

Natasha just smiled mischievously at him.

"So what does he want?" Nick asked us.

I licked my lips, "To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

Tony nodded, "Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Nat rolled her eyes.

Bruce shook his head, "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve."

Nick stood up straighter, "How?"

Bruce widened his eyes, "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

THIRD PERSON POV

In Korea, Cho is creating a new body for Ultron.

"It's beautiful," Cho gasped in amazement, running her fingers over the top of the cradle, "The Vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them. And SHIELD never even thought..."

"The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a Frisbee. Typical of humans, they scratch the surface and never think to look within," Ultron breaks open the scepter's blue gem and a yellow gem that was inside floats out and lands in his hand. He places it in the head of the body, "I was designed to save the world."