09

IT WAS THE FIRST OF MANY.

over the course of the next few weeks, sephy was sick almost twice a day.

with no marlene to help her, she suffered in silence, not telling tom what was wrong with her.

she walked up to marlene in the great hall, "i need to talk to you. it's urgent."

huffing, marlene got up and followed her outside, "i know you hate me, but i need help. I think I'm pregnant." that's when the tears came, spilling in perfect drops down her cheeks.

marlene hugged her best friend, "What? how—well not how, but who? when? why?!!!" marlene panicked then laughed, "congratulations. seventh year is almost over. no one is even going to notice!"

sephy smiled and laughed, of course marlene could turn a desperate situation into one of joy.

"you know who the father is?"

sephy took deep breaths, "promise not to kill me?"

"well I can't now, you're carrying my godchild?"

"tom riddle."

marlenes face went through a series of emotions. for disappointment, to sadness, to anger, to one with no emotion at all.

"oh sephy." she engulfed her best friend into a hug.

today was the day. tonight was the night.

he was going to tell her he loved her. he owed it to her, after what she saw with dolohov, he couldn't expose her to the monster he was inside. he loved her.

she was sitting with marlene and a few others when he signalled for her to come over and she quickly left her friends and hugged him.

"Persephone—"

"I have news." They said at the same time.

she smiled, "you first."

all his words formed a lump in his throat and he pulled her close, kissing her, "i love you persephone."

her eyes watered and she laughed. "would you still love me if I said I was growing another human inside me?"

he looked down, "you're—?" she nodded and tom had never felt happier in his life.

he felt complete, there was no need for horcuxes now, he'd be living for his family.

right?

this was a very short chapter because the next one is going to be a whopper.