10

WHEN SHE WOKE UP, HE WASN'T THERE.

it was okay. he'd probably gone to get her breakfast in bed. ever since her heard about the baby, he wouldn't let her doing anything by herself.

she got up and looked and herself in the mirror, observing her slightly rounded stomach.

two more weeks and she'd be out of here. Nobody needed to know.

she was pulling silly faces in the mirror when a black book caught her eye. she walked over to it and read the first few words.

it was a diary.

she chuckled, she thought it was cute. She didn't picture him a diary person.

but as she read on, she began to get a bit more worried.

all this talk of horcuxes, immortality, chamber of something and—

she paused.

her heart dropped into her stomach.

"it was necessary to kill the mudblood girl, she knew too much."

myrtle.

he killed myrtle.

she flipped back to earlier entries, where all that was written about her her. an infatuation, a desire, a lust.

he didn't really love her. as she read, her tears soaked the page, he wanted to rid the entire wizarding world of people like her. the weak is what he labelled them.

she'd tried so hard to see past what he'd done to dolohov, nott and rosier, but she felt her heart shatter.

he was purely evil.

"persephone, i got you the warm milk, I figured it was too early for pumpkin juice. persephone? perseph—"

he opened the door, tray full of luxuries to see sephy with his diary in her hand. she dropped it and quickly ran past him, refusing to be caught in his trap.

he called after her. he was willing to change. that was all in the past. moving forward was himself , her and their baby.

persephone ran straight into the defence against the dark arts room and straight into the arms of albus dumbledore.

"Persephone? whatever is the matter?" he tried to console the hysterical girl.

"you have to keep me away from him! me and my baby, please." she sobbed in his arms.

they were a few times dumbledore hated being correct. This was one of them.

"my dear, please. i will do everything i can to help you and your unborn child but you need to tell me what's wrong?"

despite everything, she felt a sense of loyalty to Tom, she couldn't give him up like that. she knew dumbledore would go straight to the ministry and he'd be locked up on suspicion of treason. her baby needed a father so in turn she shook her head and continued crying.

tom searched all day for his love. he even resulted to asking marlene, who was also looking for her.

it was night fall when she contacted him. she wanted to meet him at the astronomy tower. talk things over.

he fought the urge to rush her when he saw her, fought the urge to go and rub her stomach, a habit he'd picked up lately.

"i just have one question; do you love me?" her voice broke.

tom nodded, "more than anything."

she exhaled, "then I need you to give this up. please. my baby needs a father and I'd rather you not be locked up in Azkaban."

Tom shook his head, "I'm not gonna get caught."

Tears dropped down Persephone's face, "stop this, please. Tom, you're scaring me, please stop. If you hate my kind, it means you hate me, there's no way you'll be able to kill off every single muggleborn wizard and keep me, a filthy mudblood by your side. you'll turn on me too."

"I'd never turn on you."

"but you will. tom, you will."

he shook his head fighting the tears that threatened to follow.

"i can't be with you, Tom. not if you want to kill me. that's how all this started? you saw me, a dirty little mudblood with a nice smile and a great ass. then suddenly it was watching me around the school. the prefect bathrooms? the great hall, you've always wanted to hurt me! the only mistake is that you fell in love along the way."

the truth hurt more than it should've, right now, as Tom watched his one and only love speak the truth, he realised he was never capable of love and his heart snapped into two.

"I love you so much, Persephone. You don't even know. And that's why I have to do this. If I don't get over you, I'll never have the guts to do it to anyone else." He sighed, bringing her close once more, kissing her tenderly, "I love you." She whispered against his lips.

"I know." He searched her eyes, then in one swift move, he pushed the only person he'd ever loved off the astronomy tower.

that's when the tears fell, his heart broke.

and with that, he made his first horcux. his one and only love, Persephone Isabella Kama-Riddle.

you know what, I hate myself as much as you hate me right now. I HATE killing my ocs, it pisses my off so much and I end up crying myself to sleep.

idk if you enjoyed my story after that, I would 100% be pissed after this. I did write an alternate ending but why give you that :)