Inner Peace

(Old past new Future is different sections but it's based off subject matter maybe discussed so once siege of mandalor more content I'll finish that section up but the chapters are in the order they're posted)

Everything was quite at the Wren stronghold and a lasting peace. The events of last night were the happiest time for the couple but some scars still remain.

The couple were comfortable in each other's embrace. Sabine in her shorts and a tight fitting sports bra and Ezra in his orange boxers. Her hand rested on his chested that out of habit traced his scare from Endor, it reminded her of the many times she's almost lost him but after those dark times somehow if by the will of the force he'd get back up and keep going. Ezra's hands on her back and another on her thigh gently resting in peace. The memories fresh from the many battles haunted him causing him to stir
Memory
Kuat Drive Yards
The Empire under command of Admiral Versio and Pillian were holding the ship building ring and the new republic was In desperate need of reinforcements. As we exited hyperspace with the fleet of five venators with the artillery mass drivers we tested over cloud city, a few cruisers and one of our dreadnoughts. As we entered the republic fleet I noticed a MC80 starting to turn sideways. "Get that ship and save the crew as many as possible." I ordered off the dreadnoughts bridge as I had Reznov launch fighters to protect the immediate operation.

Twenty minutes later
We were in the ship dragging or carrying anyone still alive out. That's when I heard screaming and knocking down a few doors which I ran too and tried opening it but it wouldn't budge... it was jammed. The alarms were going off and I drew my lightsaber and started cutting the door open and it fell to the the Floor and I saw multiple people buried under the metal of the ship. I ran over to a rebel under a large beam that was breathing heavily and starting to slow down. "Stay with me." I said calmly as I attempted to move the support bar off him but it wasn't budging and I looked down the hallway. It was wrecked a few fires one on the ceiling and sparks from control panels and the bodies of other injured or dead naval crew. I knelt back down beside him and tried comforting him, "I'm not leaving you." I said but underneath my helmet I was on the verge of tears too. His grip slowly losing, "tell my fiancé I love her." Was his last words before he went limp. A complete stranger telling me this hit me hard, it reminded me of me and Sabine, here this man unable to say good bye to the woman he loves. I sat back on the blackened wall beside him and thought about how long I haven't been on Sabine's side... I ignored other people Coming through the hallway trying to help others I just looked at the man I tried to help earlier.

Many rescues were like this during raging battles... star fighter pilots who'd need a hanger to land to medics helping out infantry men on the ground... they all had families just like he did, mothers, fathers , uncles, sons and daughters and lovers. Echoed through his head it was a constant reminder how truly lucky he was to return to the ones he loves...

Just like that Ezra's eyes sprung open followed by silent tears. One of many experiences he's had, slowly Sabine woke hearing his raspy breathing. With concern she looked at him in the eyes she saw beads of tears, her man wasn't the same. "Ezzy." She said calmly but he shut his eyes and tried to calm down but it made it harder for him so she rubbed her hand along his cheek scars finally getting his attention. "Yes bean." He said with a sad tone and making eye contact with her. The look in his eyes were of regret and guilt, "I'm here Ezra tell me what's wrong." She said as she glided her hand on his shoulder and gently rubbing it trying to relax him. 'We've had many nights like this since he's returned, some nightmares some memories whatever he went through but him hard.

" a terrible memory." He said hanging his head low. "Please tell me, your pain is our pain." She said soothing but wasn't a request it was a demand. "When we first arrived to the battle of Kuat we saved a MC80 from completely being lost but..." Ezra said but was overwhelmed by the pain of the memory. "Breath Ezra" was all she could say and he took another series of breaths calming him slightly. "As we got the wounded out... I tried freeing a man but I couldn't help him and I stand with him to his last breath, his last words were tell my fiancé I love her." Ezra said with tears rolling. Sabine got beside him and comforted him the toll wasn't just on him but her. It hit her hard all the times she was worried she might one day lose him and not due to old age. Unintentionally a few tears had rolled of her cheeks, she was lost for words, "I love you ezra." She whispered into his ear followed by comforting words but the pain of seeing him this wrecked was rough. She closed her eyes. Briefly remembering returning back from malachor without Ashoka and Kanan blind. So similar but so different this time it was a stranger he tried saving but couldn't and the grief of whoever that girl went through reminded her of how Hera felt after Kanan. She kissed his forehead and after a hour of Both taking in the pain both embraced each other tighter.

Eventually peace face the pair the strength... together they were stronger than ever. As they laid back down Sabine rested her head on his chest. "I'm not leaving again." Ezra says followed a kiss on her jaw line followed by resting his head on the stuffed pillow. Sabine slowly felt drowsiness come over her but she wondered how Ezra hadn't turned to the Dark Side or insane from all he's been through eventually landing on one thing... will power. Sure he was stubborn but he's brought himself from the depths of hell against the odds into the light like a lightsaber lighting the darkness of Atollon's caves.

The one of many traits she loved about him... her Ezra Bridger...
Finally she fell asleep as she felt his hands wrapping around her snug with those final motions she fell asleep to his heart beat and his settled chest rising and lowering.
As Sabine slept she had a peaceful dream
"Perfect Mira... 1,2,3,4." "Just like the fires I showed you." A deeper voice said as the dream showed in a prairie and a blue bearded man but wearing some armor holding a blue lightsaber, "keep it up Mira, he taught me the same way." Sabine yelled out as she looked over at both of them.

Happiness filled Sabine's heart the possible future of starting a family

The happiness from Sabine brought a sleeping Ezra to a smile. There's always a balance pain and healing, hate and love.