A Force to Reckon With

Marinette was a sweet girl, Alice realized. Charming, funny, kind, and the bluenette always had a cute smiled handed on a silver platter. A bit restricted, but Alice was sure that it was because of Lila. And even though Lila tormented her, she didn't utter a single negative word about the brunette. It wasn't much a surprise that the liar had chosen Marinette as her victim. She had the personality of a nice, popular girl, and Lila would probably murder anyone like that. It made Alice wonder if Lila had any other victims...

"We should head to lunch," Marinette said. "Wanna come to my place? I live in a bakery across the street. My mom makes great fried noodles."

Alice nodded enthusiastically. "Sure! That sounds great!"

Alice saw Lila sneak a glare at the bluenette. "Alice! How could you betray me? Us?" The liar said shock etched in her voice like ragged stitches and a hand on her chest.

"How did I ever betray you?" Alice asked, annoyance not even hidden in her voice.

Lila smiled. "Why, because you're eating with the person who bullied me, of course!"

Alice scoffed.  "I don't think you know who the bully is in the picture, Lila." The class turned to the blonde, who had hooked arms with a shocked Marinette. "I'm just eating at a wonderful bakery, and no or can stop me!" She huffed.

Lila's eyes went wide with fake worry. "But her baked goods have lice in them! I ate one and I nearly had to go to the hospital." She put a hand dramatically on her forehead as if it was dastardly to even think about. Rose and Alya rushed over to "comfort" her.

Alice barked a laugh, and Adrien looked at her with a disappointed look. She glared at him, knowing that he knew the truth and didn't do anything about it, which he looked surprised at. "First of all, I'm sure all bakers have ovens, and wouldn't the lice die and evaporate in that painful and dry heat? Plus, studies show that when you eat head-lice it doesn't harm your body. It burns up through your stomach acid. So you wouldn't have had to go to the hospital." The blonde smiled triumphantly.

Marinette nodded. "Yeah, Lila. You've never set foot in the bakery either. And neither has anyone that goes by the last name Rossi, so your mother couldn't have either. Plus, you could have scheduled a complaint."

Lila stuttered, mumbling incoherent words. Alice huffed, tugging Marinette out of the room, and shoving Adren out of the way purposefully as she did so. "I thought so."