Why me?

Merlin's point of view:

I woke up to my mom turning on the light "Honey you have to walk today, I'm so sorry the office called they want me to come in early today." I leaned up in bed and she kissed my forehead "bye honey" and with that she dashed out of the house and to her car.

I got up and got dressed, I grabbed my bag and dashed to school.

I walked into school and was greeted by the usually people "HEY...look who it is" Morgause shouted, as she shoved me up against the wall - her friends Gollum, Ruby, and Zachariah laughed.

"Where's my homework" Morgause told more that asked.

"I... didn't do it, I didn't have any time" I say quickly before she punched me.

"Your in SO much trouble" Gollum laughed.

"SHUT UP" Morgause yelled.

"You have till after class to finish it" she said sternly before letting me go.

"I can't just do it like that,... it takes time and if you fail you'll be bich about i-"

I was cut off by her punching me in the stomach "Do it" she said angry.

"No" I say weakly shaking my head.

"NO?" fear must have flashed in my eyes because she smiled "I think you should rethink that"

"I should?... ok, my answer was no and that is how it's staying... now suck it up bab-" I was cut off again to her throwing me to the ground, and kicking me over and over.

"I'm going to class, you three stay and teach him a lesson"

"Yes" they said with happily.

She walked away leavening them looming over me, the didn't in till 8 and it was only 7:55... this was going to be a long beating.

"GET UP" ruby yelled

I groaned as I stood up slowly, when I got to my feet I fell back on the wall till I regained my balance. But they played dirty, I tried to get Oxygen in my lugs but I couldn't because every time I was about to build up enough energy, they hit me.

"HEY" I could hear a teacher yell, but I stared to fade away into darkness.
___

I woke up to a light being turned on, I couldn't recall what happened. It all came to me in a blur, and I jumped up hitting my head on a shelf above me.

I looked around and out of the conner of my eye I saw someone, I turned to look at them they looked back at me.

"Your awake" it was... Gaius? The physician? "Merlin?"

"Yes?,... Gaius?"

"What happened a teacher went looking for you because you were a half an hour late to class, and someone said they saw you in the hall."

"Oh,... um M-... I slipped?" I say unsure.

"Merlin, I checked you and... you have two fractured ribs a twisted ankle, and you were unconscious for half the period" I jump up of the bed only to tumble onto the floor. "Merlin, what were you trying to accomplice?"

"I have to get to class"

"Just sit for five minuets" I sit back down and he looks down at me
"I will send you to class I five minutes, but after lunch come see me... Ok?"

"Yes"

When he sends me to class I roam through the halls, after 5 minuets of roaming I finally make it to class.

I knock weakly at the door before opening it, I walk over to my reading teacher and hand her the pass.

"Thank you, go take a seat" I nod my head and walk to the back of the class.

Beautiful eyes meet mine and I look away, afraid at what they would say if they saw my face.

When I reach my desk the teacher says happily "We were just in the middle of reading in our the article I past out Monday, when the office called"

I nod my head as I pull out the boring article she handed out "Arthur" the teacher said sternly, I look up to see the same blue eyes. He was passing notes and throwing spit balls with his friends. "Go to the office"

"Why?" he said still laughing a little "It's just a bit of fun"

"I have many reasons, Arthur."

"I can't go to the office again, my dad thinks it's reckless when I end up in there. And let me tell you it happens a lot.... can't we work this out some how?" she thought for a moment then smiled.

"You can turn in the article at the end of class, and say sorry"

"I'm sorry Leon, but we were just having fun... right?"

"Yes,... and I forgive you" he said a bit to quickly.

The rest of the class was a blur,But when class ended I jumped out of my seat and ran out of the classroom.

I was only at school for about an hour and a half, and I all ready felt trapped.

I went behind the school to the football field, I had a 10 minute passing period and would rather not face anyone right now.

I looked down at my feet felling like I'm about to cry, when out of no where a ball hits me in the face. I fall off the bleachers, hitting my head on a fens.

The person that hit me came dashing over, I was still face down on the ground when they reached me.

"I'm REALLY sorry... are you ok?" they say grabbing my arm to help, but I yank away. wait... I know that voice.

I look up to see Arthur, he was still stunned at my reaction to him helping me.

"You... ok?"

"Yes... I'm fine"

He looks down ashamed and then back up at my face, he gasps "what?"

"You have a gash on your forehead" he said reaching his hand up to touch it. I pull away still not trusting him, he gives me a sad smile "hey, how about I help clean that up?" he said pulling on my arm.

"NO" I shout yanking my arm from his grasp. "I don't even know you that well"

"How about I introduce myself?" He said, shock all over his face.

"I have to go"

"Come on... there's like 8 minutes till class"

"Fine" I mutter.

He smiles cheekily, before yanking me into the locker room near the football field.