Chapter 12 - hungover

Keira awoke the next day to the sound of her alarm. Bleary-eyed, she switched it off before picking up her phone and scrolling through her notifications.

Two unread messages from Lewis.

She clicked on them and laughed as she read through his drunken texts from last night.

Lewis: You're amazing, you know that right? Keira-Marrieeee

Lewis: I'm still waiting for that headlock . . . that sexy headlock

She snorted, rolling her eyes at the messages. Keira wondered if it was too early to text back, but found herself typing a reply anyway.

Keira: How are you feeling this morning, Capaldi?

Whilst waiting for him to write back, she slid out of bed and found her way to the kitchen to make herself a coffee. Her phone pinged halfway through stirring in the milk.

Lewis: Feeling like shit.

She grinned as she typed back quickly.

Keira: I'm guessing you're not feeling up to that sexy headlock anymore then?

Lewis: Oh god, please forget I sent those messages. Can I ring you?

A few seconds later, her phone began frantically buzzing and she answered it after the first ring.

"Hey," his rough voice mumbled down the line.

"Hey, you," Keira replied, pressing her phone between her ear and shoulder as she grabbed her mug of coffee and headed back to her room. "You don't sound too good."

"I feel as bad as I sound," he grumbled, but even hearing his voice was enough to put a smile on her face.

"Well, I did warn you, didn't I?" Keira laughed quietly.

She knew he was smiling, too, as he said, "I know, I know. I'm an idiot."

"You were celebrating after a show, it's only natural to get pissed," she said before taking another deep sip of her coffee. "Get some caffeine in your system and you'll feel better."

"Already on it," he said and she could hear some movement and rustling from his end of the line.

Keira's eyes flicked to the clock on the wall and widened as she realised the time. She was going to be late for class if she wasn't careful. Shit.

Setting down her mug on the desk, she quickly made her way to the bathroom and switched on the shower. Keira perched on the edge of the bath as she waited for the water to warm.

"Wait, are you having a shower?" Lewis asked, a sudden interest in his voice.

"About to," Keira replied, running her hand beneath the water to test the temperature. Still cold.

Lewis went silent, as though just the thought of her being in the shower was too much for him to handle. She smiled, a blush already creeping into her cheeks.

"I was wondering if you wanted to do something today," he quickly said, as if realising he'd been quiet for too long.

"I have class this morning, but I'm free later this afternoon," Keira said, toying with the ends of her hair.

"This afternoon works with me," he said and she could hear the smile in his voice. "Hopefully I will have recovered by then."

She chuckled. "Hopefully. But that sounds great. Where should I meet you?"

"I can pick you up from the university, if you want?"

Keira swallowed, thinking of all the people that might see them together. But she quickly shook the thought away. "Yeah, that's perfect."