Chapter 35 - last goodbyes

"I'm going to miss this," Lewis whispered into her hair as he leant against the headboard of her bed, Keira nestled beside him.

Their last week together had flown by. They'd tried to spend as much time with each other as possible, but with tour preparations taking up most of his day, Keira hadn't seen Lewis half as much as she would have wanted.

And as much as she didn't want to believe it, he was leaving for America tomorrow. There was no way of changing it. But that didn't make it hurt any less.

After he'd finished packing at his house, Lewis had come over to spend his final night with her. And they had made the most of their last few hours together, to say the least.

Now, Keira traced lazy circles onto his bare chest with her fingertip as they lay on her bed.

"I'm going to miss this, too," she said with a sigh.

He tightened his arm around her, stroking his hand down the side of her body, then up again. Every place he touched her left fire in its wake, making her skin tingle with sparks.

"I'll be back before you know it," he reassured her. "Besides, I'm not good to be around all the time. It's probably better for everyone's sanity if you only see me in small doses."

Keira chuckled, snuggling closer to him. "What if I don't want you in small doses?"

"Then I think we might have an addiction problem on our hands," he laughed, continuing to skim his hand down her side before stopping to rest on the curve of her hip. "See the separation as a form of rehab. Better for everyone."

"That is the worst analogy I have ever heard," she said, grazing her lips against his jaw. "Although, I may suffer from a slight addiction."

She slowly pressed kisses down his neck, along his collarbone then up to his chin.

Lewis was grinning as he cupped her face, bringing his lips to hers. She melted into him, deepening the kiss.

"Fuck, Keira," he said as they broke apart. "I think I'm going to suffer from bad withdrawal. Because I'm so fucking addicted to you, too."

She smiled against him, kissing him once more before returning to settle her head on his chest.

"I love how we're comparing our relationship to drug addiction," she giggled quietly.

Beneath her ear, she heard the vibration of his laugh rumble through him. His fingers tangled in her hair, stroking lightly.

"A very normal comparison, I think," he said, and she didn't even need to look up to know he was grinning.

"What time's your flight?" she asked, dreading the thought of finally having to say goodbye.

"I've got to leave here at 4am," he said, his voice suddenly deeper, more serious.

Her chest tightened. It was already 11pm. She should probably stop being selfish and let him get some sleep before he had to go.

"Can I come to see you off?" she asked quietly.

He shook his head, rubbing his broad palm over her shoulder. "Nah, you've got lectures tomorrow, and anyway, it gets pretty hectic."

"Are you sure?" she said. "I don't mind."

"Yeah, no. Let's just have a nice time right now," he replied, kissing her forehead. "This is how I want to remember you last."

Keira blew out a breath. "Okay, but if you change your mind . . ."