Chapter 19 - the Scottish Beyoncé

By the time they arrived in London, it was around midnight.

Everyone piled off the bus, lugging their suitcases and instruments into the hotel lobby. Keira had been surprised by the few eager fans waiting outside. Despite the exhaustion, Lewis took the time to speak with them and take photos before finally joining everyone inside.

After a couple of quick goodbyes, the two of them parted from the rest of the team and found their way up to their room. When they got there, Keira could barely keep her eyes open as she walked towards the large double bed, falling face-first into the sheets.

She heard Lewis chuckle as he dumped his bags by the door and joined her.

"I don't think I can move," she said, her sleepy voice muffled by the covers.

"Come here," he whispered, and she could tell he was smiling.

Keira felt his steady hands grip around her, and the next thing she knew, he had swept her off the bed and into his arms. She sighed, resting her head on his chest as he carried her around the bed. With one hand, he threw back the covers and then gently placed her back down onto the mattress.

She giggled as he slipped her shoes off one at a time, placing them on the floor before pulling the covers back over her and tucking her in.

"Now who's the mother hen?" she smiled, looking up at him as he perched on the bed beside her.

He seemed to ignore her question, reaching out to softly brush the hair from off her forehead. "You're so beautiful," he said quietly.

Keira felt herself blushing as he leant down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Now get some rest," he said.

After watching her for a few moments longer, he got up and walked around to the other side of the bed. He kicked his shoes off, not bothering to change out of his clothes before climbing in.

Keira felt the warmth of his body beside her under the sheets. She wished she wasn't so tired. She wanted to make this moment last.

But she couldn't seem to keep her eyes open for longer than a second. Lewis flicked off the lights, shuffling closer to her side and eventually she fell asleep to the soft pattern of his breaths.

-------------------

Lewis was gone by the time she woke up.

She found a note beside the bed that he'd written for her. He'd had to leave early to do interviews all across the city, and also for a soundcheck for tonight's performance. She didn't want to call him in case he was busy. So instead, she took the time to shower and then got on with her assignments, after all, she wouldn't have much time to do them tonight.

Whilst she was halfway through writing an essay, she recognised a familiar voice on the radio and knew it must be Lewis. She smiled to herself, listening to his jokes and overly inappropriate comments on Radio 1. But her ears pricked up when the presenter asked him about his new relationship.

She dropped her pen and raced over to where the radio was sat on the dresser before turning up the volume.

"So, Lewis, it's what everyone is talking about. You're our favourite unlucky-in-love singer, but we'll have to change your title because you're in a relationship now, right?"

Lewis laughed into the microphone and Keira chewed nervously on her lip. They hadn't officially announced anything yet. She wondered what he would say.

"You almost sound disappointed," he joked, his deep Scottish voice rumbling out of the radio.

"So are we taking that as a yes?" the presenter asked in between laughs.