Chapter Ten

Recommended song: Clean Eyes by SYML 

February 2, 2020

Garrett's POV

He could barely sleep that night. The conversation between him and Allison replayed in his mind. How encouraging they were and he felt like he had some new life breathed into him.

Allison was meeting him at at the florists at noon. Mason had insisted on tagging along to help. Apparantly his young nephew had become a flower expert overnight and figured his Uncle G couldn't pick out flowers himself. He was probably right, Garrett thought to himself and laughed. He was going to ask Alfie out on a date and he couldn't stop grinning.

He was worried that Liam and Noah wouldn't approve so he had called them that afternoon.They had been expecting him to make his move, apparently, and he didn't have anything to worry about.

"It's about time" Noah and Liam teased.  They couldn't see his blushing face on the other end of the line but the brothers knew it was there.

Checking the clock, again, it was finally time to go. He knew Alfie would be home from lunch at his parents. With flowers in hand he walked through the courtyard and up the other set of stairs.

He knocked on the door quickly before he chickened out. The door opened and the sight of Alfie nearly broke his heart.

He had been crying, it was obvious from the puffy red eyes and he could not reach him quick enough. With no hesitation, he stepped inside Alfie's apartment and  wrapped his arms around him.

"What happened?" His voice laced with concern. Alfie broke down in his arms and Garrett gently took him by the hand and sat  him down comfortably on his lap. He waited patiently while Alfie sobbed in his neck, his hand clenched lightly in his beard and he felt Alfie relax slightly.

Finally Alfie managed to choke out "he  died'.

Garrett panicked. "Who did?"

"David" Alfie said and couldn't speak for a few more minutes. Garrett hugged him tighter and stroked  his hair softly.

Garrett doubted that Alfie was aware that he was hand was nestled in his beard. He guessed Alfie found comfort in it and truth be told Garrett loved it.

It took a good ten minutes before Alfie could speak.

"David was my friend from Wuhan. He was an ESL teacher and we both arrived at the same time and taught at the same school. There was a small group of us that used to hang out together. He was one of my best friends. He died of covid. I'm so worried about my friends there.  His parents don't even know if they will send him back for a buriel." Alfie sobbed.

Garrett wasn't good with words. He didn't want to say the wrong thing so he simply said that he was sorry and continued to hold him and rub his back. They sat like that for a long time.

**************************************

Alfie's POV

Comfort and safety enveloped him as he was wrapped tightly in Garrett's arms. He breathed him in and even his earthy scent calmed him down. He had stopped crying a while ago but was resistant to move from the comfort of his arms, so he didn't move an inch.

He had realized that he had his fingers clenching and unclenching in his beard. Garrett hadn't made any gesture that he didn't like it so he continued. He rubbed his cheek along the beard, like a cat, every so often and again Garrett didn't object.

Slowly Alfie pulled back and Garrett firmly brought him back into a hug. "Not yet Alfie. Please" Garrett whispered. Alfie curled up even further into his arms. It was then that he noticed the flowers.

"Are those for me?" Alfie asked pointing to the wrapped blooms.

"Yes. They are for you. I hope you don't think it is cheesy" Garrett said softly.

"I think they are beautiful. I've never gotten flowers before so thank you". Alfie smiled into his shoulder, his fingers back in his beard.

"Alfie..." Garrett began nervously.

"Yeah?"

"Will you go out with me on Friday night?" Garrett asked so timdly. Alfie leaned back to look at the blushing giant.

"I would love to Garrett". He said watching the bearded man smile.

They looked at each other for several minutes, taking in each other's features. Without thinking, Alfie wanted to touch him so bad, wanted to feel his skin, the urge was too great and so without a moments thought he brought his hand to his face and softly caressed him.

Garrett closed his eyes and softly sighed. It was the sweetest sound Alfie had ever heard. He traced his eye brows, the bridge of his nose, his lips, he traced his face as if to memorize it. Alfie licked his lips and watched Garrett's eyes open and slowly darken.

Without another moments hesitation Alfie wrapped an arm around his neck and pulled Garrett in for a kiss.

It started with soft gentle pecks on the lips. Garrett seemed unsure at first so Alfie guided him. He leaned in a little closer and Garrett grasped his waist and pulled him in.

The moment Alfie  put his hands through Garrett's hair however, the kiss turned from a slow burn into a fiery inferno. Alfie slipped his tongue softly into Garrett's mouth. Garrett really didn't know what to do so he let Alfie lead him.

It didn't take long for Garrett to match every one of Alfie's suckles and flicks with his tongue. They had their own rythm and it kept building.

Alfie shifted his body so he was straddling the gentle giant. He didn't exactly intend to start grinding on him BUT... ohhhh it felt so good he thought. He moaned in Garrett's mouth and began licking and softly biting his neck.  He heard his name being called softly, urgently, passionately and he was so far gone at this point he was just reacting with desire and not thinking about anything else but being with Garrett and the need to feel him inside him.

He thought he would explode if he didn't get some relief and he could feel Garrett coming undone. Soon Alfie's shirt was off and Garrett was unbuttoning his own.

Alfie stared down at his body and was awestruck by his physique. He was hairy and he began rubbing his face in his chest and almost purring. He licked his body and drew kisses with his lips along his chest and arms.

"Alfie" Garrett called him. "Alfie" he called again. He looked up at Garrett and saw the look in Garrett's eyes. The look of embarassment and regret and Alfie tried to move off of Garrett's lap.