!IMPORTANT!

Unrelated to last post, however this is a thing that I knew for a while, and it affects MOST authors on this platform.

I need to find a way how to contact Wattpad where they would actually read what I say - or you guys could also contact wattpad about this. Please spread the word about this too please.

Here is the issue:

There is a website on Google called 'TRUYEN4U NET' that has been TAKING many wattpad books and putting it on their website. Despite the website itself being in a different language the books are still left in their original language and book covers. There might even be other writing platforms that have had their books taken there too.

This website is updating every single thing you have edited, added or created on wattpad and placing it on their website (however they do mention who the authors were.)

However from this, none of these authors gain anything from it either way - and for those who don't care about views they lose, votes or followers - that's fine.

What isn't fine is for the paid books.

What if the books that are now paid on wattpad are up there too? - and people are indeed actually loosing money if these people click on their stories on that website.

Some people would be concerned to know their content is placed on another website, just like I am, because all of my books are up there and I can't really do anything.

Now I don't really care as I don't think my books are that well built - but knowing that they have my books tells me that these people could even take my or anyone else's books and claim it's theirs by a single click within their websites program.

They could change the author if they wanted to too.

Look into it if you want to. You can even try searching your username on Google and see if that website pops up.

Their search is a bit weird as it won't find what you want to look for.

Heck - I was on 'my' 'profile' a few seconds ago, but when I do search my username manually nothing comes up - therefore Google itself was a better search than that website.

Thank you for reading, and please take in consideration of all the authors whose books have been taken to that website.