Chapter Eighteen - The Revival

"No!" Cade screamed as he shook his master. "No no no."

Cade continued to shake Wolf Sazen's lifeless body. "Come on! You can't die on me now! Not after we escaped Wayland. You saved me there, and I need to save you. You can't die on me now!"

Cade stopped shaking his master, but kept his hands glued to the man. He felt like if he removed his hands it would be over. He felt like he was the only thing keeping Sazen alive, and he couldn't give up on him.

Cade closed his eyes and slowed his breathing. He cut all contact with the world and suddenly it was just him kneeling beside Sazen in a world of dark. The distant sound of lightsaber battles and escaping pods were drowned out by a ringing sound. The whole world spun around as Cade clenched his master and felt something building up within him. It felt like rage at first, but Cade soon realized that it was more than that. It was power. Pure power. Cade could feel it seething within him as his breath shook. The scene of Kol and Wolf fighting the Sith played out in Cade's mind again, but before the Sith stabbed Wolf, the scene stopped and paused there. Cade let out a roar so loud that it might not have been able to be heard. In the scene in his head, the three Sith flew backwards and slammed into a nearby building, immediately turning to ash and breaking down in front of him. Cade felt the tingling within him split apart in his chest and creep to both shoulders as he visibly shook. He was still stuck in his own world as scenes of things he could comprehend flashed before him. He saw himself fighing a Sith, and then himself floating in space. Then he saw himself notably in the future, with long, unkept hair and a good amount of facial hair. Future him stepped forward in Cade's mind and drew his lightsaber. Only the lightsaber was red, matching those of the Sith that were invading. Milliseconds of countless duels flashed through Cade's mind. They went too quickly for Cade to get any detail, but he was in every one.

The vision suddenly stopped and Cade stopped shaking. The tingling he had felt had crept from his shoulders down his arms and to his hands. Cade opened his eyes right as the tingling fell to his fingertips and saw jolts of electricity escape from his hands and into Sazen, who he was gripping tightly. When the jolts connected from Cade to Wolf, there was a loud explosion blast and Cade was sent flying backwards.

Smoke clouded the air, and Cade sat himself up, coughing. He waved his hands back and forth until the smoke cleared. Sazen was lying on his back several yards away. Cade got to his knees and crawled toward his old master to take him to one of the pods. But something stopped him in his tracks. Wolf Sazen sat up.

"Master!" Cade exclaimed as he found the strength to get to his feet and run toward Sazen.

"Cade?" Wolf replied weakly. "What are you doing here?"

"How are you alive?" Cade asked, ignoring the man's question. "What happened? I saw you die!"

"I died?" Sazen asked, confused.

"Yeah, you were stabbed and I came and got you and then you stopped breathing."

Sazen tried to get to his feet, but was unsuccessful.

"We have to get you to the escape pod," said Cade and he picked his master up again to carry him to the pod. He found the energy to somehow make it all the way to the pod. When he boarded, Shado immediately came over and sat Sazen down.

"I thought I felt you die!" Shado exclaimed.

"I did... I think..." Sazen replied. "But then Cade... I don't know what happened exactly. I—"

Sazen stopped in the middle of his sentence and Cade knew exactly why. Right when his master had stopped talking, Cade had felt an all too familiar sinking feeling. Only this time, it was much stronger. And Cade knew exactly what it wa about,

"Your father..." Wolf said weakly.

Cade nodded as he felt the world around him once again start to spin. "He's dead."