Chapter Nineteen - Darth Nihl

Cade let out a roar. His head felt like it was splitting into two as he jumped out of the escape pod once more to run to where he knew his father would be.

"Don't let him be dead..." Cade muttered while running, but it was no use. He knew what he had felt. There had been a quake in the force, and it was because his father was dead. But if Cade could just get to him, he could revive his father as he had done to his master.

When Cade arrived, sure enough there was a Sith there standing over his father. The Sith had skeletal armor to match his features, a pale face, and long black hair. Cade drew his lightsaber and reared back in anger, drawing the Sith's attention.

"Does a mere Padawan dare to challenge me?" the Sith jeered.

"You killed my father!" Cade yelled.

The Sith looked back and forth between Kol and Cade. "Then you must be a Skywalker. I am Darth Nihl. Your father was a talented Jedi, but nothing a little force lightning couldn't take care of."

Cade ran forward and struck Nihl with his lightsaber, a strike that the Sith easily blocked with his own saber. Cade lashed out in rage against the Sith with blow after blow, but none of them landed. The Sith would block, parry, and dodge every way Cade's lightsaber came. If it hadn't been for Cade's anger, he probably wouldn't have still been fighting. The one thing that was keeping him alive was the fact that, with Cade's energy, the Sith hadn't had time to make any attacks of his own. He simply moved around Cade, and dealt with his advances.

After a while of the duel going absolutely nowhere, Cade got the feeling that the Sith was toying with him. Nihl was only giving about 50 percent and seemed to be enjoying himself far too much. So Cade decided to stop playing his game. Cade suddenly stopped in his tracks, pretending to be on the edge of exhaustion. Nihl straightened up and began to chuckle.

"Pretty impressive for a Padawan, but as a Skywalker? Are you sure that's all you've got?"

Cade didn't respond and so Nihl stepped toward him menacingly. Cade forced himself to be patient and hold down his anger as the Sith came ever closer. Cade wanted badly to lunge forward and take his revenge, but he needed to wait. Until the Sith suspected nothing. Nihl came even closer to the point where his pale face glowed like a phantom. Cade's fears multiplied like clones, but he resolved to keep still and wait for Nihl's attack.

As Nihl moved his lightsaber to strike Cade, Cade went into motion. He slid beneath Nihl and brought his lightsaber to his side as he went under. Nihl roared with pain as the lightsaber struck his angle and he fell to the ground. Cade jumped to his feet and brought the tip of his lightsaber to Nihl's throat.

"Any last words, murderer?" Cade snarled.

"Just one," Nihl responded and he kicked out with his good foot toward Cade.

The foot slammed into Cade and sent him flying backwards. Cade managed to land on his feet, but by the time he adjusted himself it was too late. Some stormtroopers who had been invaded the buildings of Ossus had returned and gotten Nihl to his feet. The stormtroopers were now approaching Cade, with more Sith behind them. Cade glanced toward his father's body, but he knew that he couldn't make it there alive. He had two choices: a suicide mission to get his father's body or escape and return for the body. He chose the latter and tried to locate where the escape pod was. When he found the location, though, his heart sank. The escape pod was gone.