Chapter 4: Young and Beautiful

Damien's POV

Kitten: Heyo!!

Me: Hey, what's up?

Kitten: I have a new routine I want to show you. Can you head over after filming???

Me: uh... I had plans for dinner with Shayne...

Kitten: ooh!! Bring him too! The more the merrier.

Me: I'll ask...

I only noticed Sarah when I looked up, "Hey Sarah?" I called and she looked over at me, "Where's Shayne?"

"Uh... " The brunette turned and we both saw Shayne sitting in a chair off set scrolling on his phone, "Oh!" I smiled, "never mind"

"Shawn-yay!" I exclaimed whilst sauntering over time him, putting my arm around his shoulder as he looked over at me with a smile, "What's up, Dames?"

I smiled back at him, "You remember me telling you about my roommate, Katie?" He nodded, "Well, she wants me to come by after work to show me a new dance routine of hers for some critiques, wanna come?"

He looked at me slightly confused, "What about dinner?" I slipped my arm off his shoulder, "We can still have dinner afterwards, bud" he nodded, "Okay"

"Sweet, I let her know"

And that I did, I let Katie know that'd we'd be there later and she seemed excited. It was rough for me living with such an amazing girl since I hadn't really dated in a long time and developing a crush on my roommate was bad, but I had. And I think the others knew, with how much I talk about her...

After work Shayne and I headed to my car, deciding it'd be easier in the long run to just drive together.

"So..." Shayne started, "Is it weird living with a girl?"

I shook my head, "Not really, she's more of a bro who wears makeup and is super flexible"

Shayne laughed loudly, "One of those girl's who can down a beer and won't complain about it?"

I nodded as I kept my eyes on the road, "Exactly, but she's insanely pretty"

Shayne gasped theatrically, "Does Damien Christopher Haas have a crush on his very own roommate?"

I groaned as we stopped at a red light a couple blocks from the studio, "yes..." I said quietly.

Shayne shouted in joy, "Oh my god! I'm excited to meet her now that I know that! I just may be meeting the next Mrs. Haas"

I jolted and look over at Shayne with a glare, "I don't plan on acting in this crush, dude, I fully know she's not interested. Hell Courtney probably has a better chance with her than I do"

Shayne looked confused, "Is she...?"

"Gay? I'm not sure, she's never said anything but I know she and Courtney are talking almost constantly" I sighed as we drove into the parking lot.

"Okay so I'm gonna head to the bathroom, her studio is on the first floor in 3A, think you can find it yourself? I'll be in soon" I told Shayne as we got into the building.

Shayne nodded, "Yeah I'm sure I can find it"

I nodded and headed to the bathroom.

Katie's POV

Okay... I should go through it one more time before showing Damien. Even though he didn't know a thing about dance I really appreciated hearing his opinions on the silhouettes of it. And having Shayne is here will also give me even more opinions to go off of.

I started up the music again and began my routine, not realizing when the door opened right as I was fully into the song at the beginning of the chorus.

Shayne's POV

3A...3A...3A... Ah! 3A there it is! Is that Lana Del Rey playing? I opened the door as i saw a slender female with fiery red hair spin in time with the chorus, as she turned towards me time went still as we made eye contact. She stopped her routine, the song still going.

"Oh! Shayne, right?" She asked with a smile. I nodded quickly with a small smile, "Katie?" I asked and she giggled and smiled. Now I know what Damien meant by beautiful, hell her skin was glowing because of the routine, she looked like a goddess.

"Where's Damien?" She asked cutting into my deep thought and I looked behind me at the now closed door, "Uh, he's in the bathroom"

She nodded, "So uh.." She paused the music, "Sorry I cut into your guy's dinner date but I really, REALLY needed the help and critique about this dance, I plan on starting my new class with it next week and I want to show them something smooth."

"Well, it is smooth," I commented, "At least from the like, five seconds I saw" She smiled just as Damien came into the door, "Damien!" She yelled in delight she started to approach but paused, "Oh, sorry I'm all sweaty"

Damien shook his head and embraced her, which Katie instantly reciprocated. I could see the instant chemistry between the two which gave me the smallest twinge of jealousy. It wasn't that I already had a crush on her but she was definitely pretty, extremely nice, and hugging my not ugly best friend who happened to be her roommate. It was kind of starting to bother me, how does it not bother anyone else?

"Alrighty, I'll start the music then!" Kat stated, as I focused back into the conversation. She quite literally skipped over to the speaker and fidgeted  with some of the nobs before suddenly Lana Del Ray was once again echoing through the studio room. Damien and I both sat down on the floor in almost perfect synchronized movements. I noticed Damien had a small, almost proud, smile on his face. 

Kat stood with her head lowered, before slowly bending backwards and somehow flipping onto her back in a laying position. She suddenly sat up and moved her arms in perfect timing with the beat. She stretched to look behind herself at us stretching her arm out as if trying to grab onto us. I almost wanted to reach out and try to meet her halfway. As the chorus kicked in she moved into some beautiful ballet types moves and positions. She even through in some spins. Her moves slowly started speeding up with the tempo throughout the second verse and and the chorus. I noticed she was getting closer and closer to us as the song was coming to the end. Right as she was about to finish I noticed her lose balance and I had never moved quicker off the floor.

"Will you still love me, when I'm not young and beautiful?" Sang the last words as Kat fell into my arms, only a few inches from the floor, her arm out stretched to catch herself as she laid sideways in my arms.

She twisted herself to look at me fully, her face probably just as red and hot as mine felt from what I had just done. I helped her back up with a quick "sorry" and backed up. 

She smiled, "Sorry guys, I must have gotten a little to into it and lost my footing. I promise that doesn't happen often...." she trailed off glancing at Damien. I turned to see him just staring silently at the two of us as I remembered our conversation on the way over here. 

"I was just worried you were going to hurt yourself," I said quietly slowly moving myself closer to Damien as he stayed quiet.

"A-Anyways..." Kat said quickly moving to the other side of the studio where her water and towel were, "You guys still have your dinner date, thanks for stopping by though!" She now wasn't facing us and was hiding her face from the mirror as well. Damien lightly grasped my shoulder, "let's head out huh?" he asked surprisingly chipper. I just nodded as Damien and Kat gave each other a quick good-bye. I glanced back at her just one more time as she wiped her face with the light purple towel and smiled to myself as I walked out remembering how flustered she was.