Chapter 5: A Day With the Girls

Katie's POV

After a week of trying and meticulously figuring out schedules, Courtney, Mari, Olivia, and I all found a day where we could hang out together. But with all of us still being quite busy I decided to just head to the Smosh office and hang out with the girls. With that being decided, I of course went with Damien to work. He had made the joke of it being " Bring your child to work Day" which I of course lightly punched him in the arm for and he complained for a good half hour about.

Once we got to the office (after Damien got us Starbucks) Damien gave me a small tour of the office space and some of the sets, including one where the wall had diagonal thick stripes of purples and blue, with some instruments and a computer monit...

Once we got to the office (after Damien got us Starbucks) Damien gave me a small tour of the office space and some of the sets, including one where the wall had diagonal thick stripes of purples and blue, with some instruments and a computer monitor blocked by a black and white changing screen.

"This," Damien spoke next to me, "Is the set where we do Try Not to Laugh... which I think is actually on the set list for today" I nodded and replied, " With who?"

He Smiled, "I'm pretty sure Shayne, Courtney, Olivia, Keith, Tommy, and I"

I nodded before asking, "Do you think they'd let me listen in or something?" Damien smiled softly and wrapped an arm around me, "Oh I'm sure but we can ask Sarah when we see her okay?" I nodded.

Damien and I finished the office tour, and I met up with Courtney, Olivia, and Mari. As we sat in the break room in the office we all were swapping stories as I got to know the girls. Although Mari and I had dancing in common and Olivia and I bonded over food, I definitely had the closest connection to Courtney. We instantly snapped together.

"So..." Courtney stated looking at me and changing topics, "You and Damien. Tell us how you guys ended up platonic roommates"

I smiled at the mention of Damien, "Well I was actually set up to live with his neighbor, Allison, but she thought I was selling myself for money since I'm a professional dance teacher and refused to let me in when I got to her apartment. Damien found me crying on the side of the parking lot and offered me a place to stay."

Courtney smirked, "So I guess the big question is, what's up with you guys?" I sat up a little with a raised eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Mari cut in with a smirk of her own, "Well Damien can't really STOP talking about you..." As Mari trailed off with her sentence Olivia cut in with, "And you're both attractive"

My eyes widened and my cheeks burned with realization, "No! no, no, no. I- I don't have any feelings like that for Damien..."

"For Damien.." Courtney repeated, "So is there someone you DO like?"

And almost as if they read my mind, in walked Damien with Shayne in toe, obviously in a quite funny conversation as I heard an absolutely beautiful laugh coming from the blonde. My face warming up once again.

Courtney, Mari, and Olivia all looked at me with mild shock as they realized who it was that I couldn't get out of my head since he had caught me when I slipped up in my routine.