Chapter 12: A Real Date

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. I went through a really rough break up of an engagement, and had to cancel a lot of things for a wedding that's not happening anymore. I also had to move back in with my parents which was hard. I can't promise that I'll be better on updates since my mental health has been suffering quite a bit. I have been keeping updated on Smosh and I totally had this whole story planned out before Damien and Saige announced that they were together, and before many other things, so I have reconfigure my plot notes.

~*~

I woke up snuggled into Shayne on his surprisingly soft couch as he quietly watched the local news and drank some coffee. I let myself just rest there watching him with a soft smile, not fully believing still that he was mine and that I was with him. I sighed and closed my eyes listening to his distant heart beat. I let myself close my eyes, being calmed by the beat of it.

That was until my phone suddenly started ringing. I sat up, rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes and looking at the caller ID and noticed it was my mom, whom I haven't talked to since moving here.

"Mom? Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes yes," she almost laughed, "I just wanted to check on you. It's been months since I've last talked to you and I know you've been posting about your life in LA but I wanted to make sure your studio life was going good!" I could her cheerful smile through the phone.

I giggled, "Yeah it's going really good," I leaned back into Shayne who unconsciously moved his arm back around me as his focus was still on the TV.

She began talking about the Real Estate market and how rough work has been for her because she was a real estate agent. I would randomly agree or hum when I wasn't fully paying attention to her and was focusing on Shayne. His hair was still a mess from waking up, he'd recently been putting his hair in a middle part and I couldn't deny that it was extremely attractive. Even with his tired looking eyes and the fact he was only wearing a t-shirt and some basketball shorts.

"Oh I'm sorry Hon," my mom suddenly spoke to pull me back to the conversation, "I've got a client calling, we'll talk later"

"Okay," I said quietly, "I hope you get that sale!" She laughed before hanging up.

Shayne sat up, taking me with him as he set his coffee cup on a coaster on the coffee table, "How is your mom doing?" He asked softly.

I smiled laying on my back across his lap, resting my head on the arm rest, "She's doing well. She's really busy being a Real Estate agent. But she's doing well"

Shayne nodded, "Well that's good. I should probably call my mom soon and ask her how she's doing..."

I smiled softly. I sat up and shifted into Shayne's side as his arm unconsciously wrapped around me. I looked over at him, smiling at just the thought about how lucky I was to get moments like this with him. I kissed his cheek, which made him smile. I ended up staring at him more than watching whatever was on the TV. It still seemed bizarre to me that a couple months ago this moment right here was just a fantasy in my mind.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Shayne asked looking over to me with a fond look on his face.

I smiled and looked down to my hands before looking back up to him, "I've just been thinking about how luck I am that I met you" 

Shayne broke into a bigger grin before kissing me softly. I sighed softly into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck, adding more into the kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him.

Shayne was the one to pull away, "I want to take you on a proper date, one that Damien and Courtney aren't secretly pulling the strings for"

I nodded, "I would very much like that, Shayne"