Chapter 6: Crushed

This chapter is going to be mainly the characters talking online.
~*~
Kat's POV

I was laying on the couch in our apartment watching the Great Gatsby, which Damien happened to have on DVD. It was my absolute favorite movie, hence why I was making a dance for Young and Beautiful. But as I was watching the movie I couldn't help but make correlation between my friends and the movie characters. If I could rewrite the movie I would have had Shayne and I as Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan respectively. Damien would probably be Nick Carraway and Courtney would be Jordan Baker. As I thought about this more I decided to tweet about it. I had a small following that got to about 1,000 after having most of the Smosh and Mythical crew follow me.

 I had a small following that got to about 1,000 after having most of the Smosh and Mythical crew follow me

Suddenly I was getting a ton of notifications soon after.

@Co_Mill: What movie are you watching?

@DamienHaas: Crush?

@supershayne: A Lot actually...

I blushed when I noticed Shayne's reply, should I use this opportunity to flirt with him? I don't even if he likes me even as a friend. When I went to the office he and I were so awkward... Maybe for now it'd be easier to get to know him with social media. And thus, I slid into Shayne's DMs.

@Katieloo: Hey...

@supershayne: Hey!

@Katieloo: I just realized I never really got to know you while I was at the office.

@supershayne: So you slid into my social media DMs? I'm impressed I get literally hundreds if not thousands a day but I saw your username pop up.

@Katieloo: Yeah... not my best idea...

After that quick conversation I ended up giving him my number and was so excited that I was now standing infront of the couch, the movie long forgotten. As paced in front of the couch I had stricken up a conversation with Shayne that started making my crush a lot harder to ignore.

Me: So what movie reminded you of your crush??

Shayne: Titanic. Two people who couldn't be seen together by anyone their close to and the ship dies.

Me: that's... really sad...

Shayne: It's really true though. I couldn't be with her even if I wanted to.

Me: how come?

Shayne: Because of our friends.

Did Shayne have a crush on someone I knew? Who could it be? I started thinking around to all of the female mutual friends we have. It couldn't be Mari, or Sarah, or Olivia, they were all in very serious relationships the only ones who weren't were Courtney, Jackie, Kimmy, and I... THAT'S SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! I know he and Courtney were close, and there were even jokes throughout Mythical, but they always seemed more like siblings to me...

Shayne: But to be fair, Damien admitted to liking her...

Wait.... So Damien AND Shayne like the same girl? Maybe it's Kimmy... her and Damien had amazing chemistry...

Me: Oh really?? He hasn't said ANYTHING to me about liking anyone...

Shayne: Yeah... well I am his best friend... that's the whole reason I can't even admit to anyone that I like her...

Me: Oh... right... that must be hard.

Shayne and I continued talking for a good few hours, I finally settled back down on the couch and had started the fourth Harry Potter movie when Damien walked through the front door looking mildly tired. I sat up and made room for him as he let out a sigh and sat down at my feet.

"Long day?" I asked. He just nodded and kept watching the movie. I huffed, " Okay I can tell that something is bothering you, so you might as well tell me" I moved my legs and scooted closer to him. Damien let out and irritated noise and let his head fall into my lap, I instantly started playing with his extremely soft hair. He hummed in appreciation and started to lament about his day of filming.

"I love Courtney I really do, but shes scary as a director" He sighed.

I lost myself in thought as he said that. Was it Courtney? I couldn't really blame them she was talented, funny, beautiful all of the perfect traits. But did I really mistake flirting between her and Shayne as a sibling like rivalry?

" You could come as my plus one" Damien spoke up finally shaking me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked looking back down at him as he gave me a blank stare as he realized I had not been paying attention, "Sorry I got lost in thought" I mumbled.

"It's fine" He smiled sitting up, letting my fingers tangle out of his hair, " I said that Mythical is hosting a huge New Years party if you wanted to go with me, as my plus one"

"Oh! Yeah that sounds like a ton of fun... Plus I really miss the girls" I smiled. He nodded and went of to bed after exchanging goodnight with me. I folded up the blanket I was using and draped it over the couch as I headed off to my room as well petting Freya as she trotted passed me.

As I settled down in my bed I felt my phone go off once again and I smiled to myself it had been dead silent since Damien came home. It was a simple text from Shayne.

Shayne: Goodnight, Princess.

My cheeks were warm as I went to bed that night.