Chapter 11: Courtney's Confession

A/N: For those who don't know, Shayne broke his ankle.... I'm not adding it in to the story though... just like how COVID doesn't exist in this universe and Shayne knows I exist. Also, get ready, this chapter is twice as long as my usual chapters.

After that night, Shayne and I decided to keep a low profile. We somehow were able to keep calm and act natural during dinner without either Damien or Courtney asking questions. Neither of us had made anything official and we hadn't even talked about the kiss. We still called and texted daily, but it was all different now. To top it all off, Courtney's birthday pool party was coming up and I was nervous to try and act casual in front of all our friends like we hadn't kissed and come close to doing it again a few times.

Speaking of Courtney's party, Courtney, Kimmy and I all decided to go shopping. Courtney was having an issue picking between a few cute bikinis. Kimmy had one she liked at home and I was mainly stuck in my thoughts whilst also pretending like I didn't have two unread texts from Shayne burning a hole in my back pocket.

Courtney pulled a red orange and blue bikini off the rack and glanced at me, "Do you like this one?"

I shrugged, "It's really cute... and you can pull it off"

She shook her head, "Okay what is going on? You've been off all day and you're harshing my mellow!"

Kimmy nodded, "Yeah you've been spacey and frowning at ever suit you pull out..." She frowned walking closer to me, "Don't tell me you're getting all insecure. You rock short shorts and crop tops all the time!"

I shook my head quickly, "No no, I'm a dancer. I work out literally daily I am fully aware how fit I am. I've just got a lot on my mind recently"

Courtney smiled softly, "Hey it happens to all of us. And you know that you have many people to talk to right?" I nodded and replied, "I know but some things I just can't talk about"

"Why not?" Kimmy asked.

I sighed, "Because it's complicated and nothing is worked out yet and we have no idea what were doing. I want to be open, but I don't know how to tell him that"

Suddenly the three of us were silent. The only noise were the other customers and the pop music playing in the mall. I looked up at Kimmy who was still confused, maybe even more so now. Courtney on the other hand was now smirking with a meddlesome glint in her eye. I groaned and rubbed my hands on my face, "I need some air". I walked out of the store and out to the parking lot and instantly pulled out my phone.

I sighed and mustered up the courage to face time Shayne. After a couple rings he answered, mildly out of breath.

"Oh shoot I'm sorry I didn't realize this was your workout time..." I said quietly, my face warming up.

"Oh no, you're fine. What's up, Princess?" He asked. That was another thing that had changed. His new pet name for me.

"I uh... Do you think we could meet up later to talk?" I asked awkwardly looking away from my screen.

"How come, what's wrong?" He asked sitting down on his couch and giving me his undivided attention.

"I'm just having a hard time hanging out with Kimmy and Courtney today and not saying anything about us. Is there even an us? I can't stop thinking about that kiss and what we do from here" I ranted out. When I finally did stop talking I looked at Shayne and he was smiling softly.

"Look," He half laughed, "If I'm honest I'm in the same boat. I've been out of the dating game for a while and I don't really know how to properly do this. So how's about for now we just say that we're not just friends but we're not labelled yet?" He smiled fully now and I smiled back, "Okay... That sounds perfectly doable."