Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Disney Descendants or Romeo and Juliet.

                                                                                        ****** 

At 7 pm as promised, Ben picked up Audrey and, when they were both ready, entered the Royal Limo and went to the Isle.

Audrey, apparently, was a ninja. She didn't have a mask on but had heavy makeup. She found plastic samurai swords with its own sheath and was all dressed in black. Audrey even had ninja stars. Fake ones, of course. Ben had to admit, she did a really good job on her costume.

Ben decided to dress up like a pirate. He had a full-on eyepatch, with a plastic sword and sheath, and a full pirate costume and pirate hat. He even added a beard so the Isle kids wouldn't recognize him, but decided against it once they reached the Isle.

"Where did it say the party was?" Ben asked Audrey. 

"Um...it was...the Evil Queen's palace!" Audrey said, remembering. 

"Let's go. We have to park the limo first off in a hidden area." Ben said. He parked their vehicle over to an abandoned area covered with trees. Then, Audrey and Ben covered the limo with a tarp. Ben took the car keys and the bridge remote and the two of them went to the Evil Queen's Palace.

At 10 pm, when they finally reached and entered the palace, the son of Jafar, named Jay, gives a long speech on how he welcomes everyone and invites them to dance. Immediately Audrey spotted a supercute pirate named Gil. 

"I'm going to go talk to some of these people if that's okay." Ben merely nodded before Audrey was lost in the crowd of villains.

But then, a purple-haired girl came into Ben's view. She batted her eyelashes -- before spotting the prince. She looked frozen in shock before coming back to her senses and strutting over to one of the other villains. This was the girl from his dreams. I need to find out who she is. Ben thought.

Ben spotted a pirate and went over and asked her who the purple-haired girl was. 

"As if you didn't know! That's Mal, daughter of Maleficent, the evilest villain kid in Auradon. She's 15, so younger than us, but old enough to date." the pirate said. Ben stared in shock. 

"Wait, how do you know how old I am?" Ben asked in a panic. The pirate shushed him. 

"I can keep your secret if you promise to never hurt her," she said. 

" I promise you, I would never do anything to hurt anyone," Ben replied. The pirate girl smiled. 

"Good. And by the way, my name is Harriet. Harriet Hook." Harriet said.

 "It's a pleasure to meet you." Ben politely said. 

"Now, go win the girl!" Harriet urged, shoving Ben towards Mal.

 "Okay, okay!" Ben shouted as he was pushed all the way to Mal.

When the two were alone, Ben looked into Mal's green eyes. 

"I never thought I'd get the chance to see you. You know, you're the girl in my dreams. The girl that-" 

"-gets you, I know, your highness," Mal interrupted. 

"For some reason, our dreams must have been connected, because I know that you understand me too. But, too well." she giggled. 

"Maybe we're destined to be together. Maybe the universe chose us to be a couple." Ben said. 

"But what if...if I don't know what love feels like?" Mal whispered.

 "Let me show you," Ben whispered back. He leaned in and kissed the purple-haired girl. Mal hesitated, but then leaned in to kiss. 

"Now do you know what love feels like?" Ben whispered against their lips. 

"Maybe you can show me again," Mal whispered back. Ben kissed her again.

For the rest of the night, Ben and Mal were inseparable. They loved the same things, laughed at funny stunts that some of the other VKs did, and understood each other. It seemed as though Mal had finally gotten away from her evil side and brought out her nice side.

But meanwhile, as the prince and the purple-haired VK were having fun, one VK, in particular, noticed and recognized Ben hanging out with Mal, and brought it up with Jay.

This villain kid was named Harry Hook, Harriet's older brother. After immediately spotting Ben hanging out with Mal, Harry hurried over to Jay, son of Jafar. 

"Jay, we have an uninvited guest at our party." 

"Who?" Jay asked. 

"Prince Ben. And he's hanging out with Mal." Harry snarled.

 "It's only a party. Who cares who Mal hangs out with?" Jay asked. Was it really a problem as to who Mal loved? 

"I care, thief. But only because Anthony Tremaine is going to ask Maleficent for her daughter's hand in marriage." Harry growled.

"He's going to ask Mal to marry him?" Jay asked. Harry nodded. The thief chuckled. 

"Don't you know that Anthony isn't Mal's type? She would never love someone that is that stuck-up and horrible." 

"And so a prince IS her type? Come on Jay, get to your senses." Harry said. 

"Stop being such a saucy boy. Mal's been talking about seeing Ben in her dreams lately. That he gets her. Understands her. And the two of them have gotten to know each other, and eventually fell in love with each other." Jay explained. 

"But that's in her dreams, how do you know if that's even true?" Harry protested. Seriously Jay couldn't think that just because of a dream it all comes true? 

"I overheard their conversation at the beginning of the party. They somehow connected with each other and had the same dreams. I think it's true love, Harry. You have to accept the fact that Mal's taken." Jay said.

 "Don't think this isn't over, thief," Harry growled. He stomped away.

Soon, the party came to an end. 

"Thank you all for coming, and I hope we'll see you again soon at the next annual party! Have a good night." Jay said as people fled the castle.

Meanwhile, Ben and Mal were sitting in a corner, talking. 

"So you're going to become king in a week?" Mal asked. 

"Yeah. I've already made some big changes that will help the country, in Auradon, and on the Isle." Ben said. The two stared into each other's eyes.

 "That explains the yummy food that keeps coming in." Mal grinned. 

"Yeah. But also the health issues on the Isle as well. I've been working to get those fixed." Ben said. Mal smiled, but then started crying. 

"Hey, don't cry. What's wrong?" Ben asked. 

"When will I see you again?" she wailed. 

"I'll come to visit every day if you want. But it'll have to be after school." Ben said. 

"Really?" Mal asked. 

"Definitely," Ben said. The two of them smiled. Mal hugged him.

"Ben?" a voice asked. Audrey. 

"Over here," Ben said. Once Audrey came into view, she said, "I'm sorry, but I have a different boyfriend now. His name is Gil, and he's the sweetest person I've ever met. I hope you understand." 

"I understand," Ben said. He turned to Mal, who was still hugging him and kissed her forehead. 

"In that case, Mal, will you be my girlfriend?" Ben asked. Mal stopped hugging him and smiled. 

"Yes," she replied. They kissed.