Blood Stains

Marie’s POV

I stood and watched little John and his friends eat the cake. I even grabbed myself a slice. Suddenly, I noticed that my son wasn’t here! Neither were Ben, Jack, Kasey, or Cheryl.

I didn’t worry though. They were probably at the games. I walked over to the game area. That was strange. They weren’t there.

Now I began to worry!

“Logan! Logan!” I called out.

Where was my son?

Logan’s POV

We stood there in fear and shock. The man held his knife. He walked towards us. We backed up slowly.

“Please don’t hurt us!” Cheryl pleaded.

The man laughed. Tears ran down all of our faces. We all knew it was the end.

I watched as the man killed my 4 friends and stuffed their bodies into the old robot animals. It was a horrific sight. I cried.

Then the man came for me.

“I have something special planned for you.” He said.

I backed up. He walked up to me and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. He lifted me up. I looked into his eyes. All I saw was darkness and hate.

He stabbed me in the stomach. I screamed.

Then he dragged me over to a big white present box. He pulled out 2 puppet strings and stabbed them into my hands. I began to scream. He put a mask on my face.

“Now you’re nothing more than a puppet.” He said.

Suddenly, the door opened. Standing there was John’s girlfriend. The man looked at her. He went and knocked her out and put her in the corner. In my last dying moments, I heard the man say something.

“My work here is done.” He said.

Then he shut the box that he set me in.

Marie’s POV

My son was missing!

I saw a security guard running towards a storage room. He looked worried. I knew something wasn’t right.

I followed him. He tackled a man to the ground.

He yelled something. I couldn’t make it out, but it sounded like he was asking where someone was. Then it hit me. That man had kidnapped my son and his friends!

The guard knocked out the other guy. Then he opened the door to the storage room. I followed him inside. He was searching frantically. Tears were running down his face. Then he ran over to a big white present box and opened it.

I wish he hadn’t.

Inside the box was my son. He had blood splattered over his clothes. He had strings stabbed into his hands and he wore a mask.

The guard walked up and felt his pulse. He lowered his head. He turned and saw me.

“Ma’am, is this your son?” He asked.

“Yes, is he ok?” I asked frantically.

He shook his head.

“I’m so sorry ma’am.”

I cried and ran to my son’s lifeless body. I hugged him. I didn’t care about blood getting on my shirt.

My son was gone!