Shut Down

Now a few years passed. We didn’t mess with Jeremy at night. We just communicated telepathically every night. But one day, Jeremy wasn’t here. A different guy was here. We didn’t bother him either.

Now the next day, Jeremy was the day guard. He was checking the old animatronics. Then he walked out and checked the stage animatronics. Then he walked up to me. I was giving a kid a present when he came by. I gave him a small wave. He nodded.

Then he walked to kid’s cove, right next door. I couldn’t see in there, but I could here. I listened. Suddenly I heard kids screaming. Then I saw them run out of there.

“Mangle! What’s going on in there?” I asked telepathically.

“Master, I’m so sorry! I malfunctioned and bit the guard.” She said.

“It’s ok Mangle. It wasn’t your fault.”

I only hoped that this wouldn’t affect our life in the restaurant.

~A Week Later~

I had overheard that the restaurant was closing because of the bite. Crap! How could this happen? Jeremy didn’t sue or anything. He probably knew it was an accident. But they were still gonna close it. I wasn’t mad at Mangle. Even if they closed it, we would be put into storage. But that’s not what the manager had in mind. He was going to scrap the Toy animatronics. They did say that they might reopen the restaurant later, but not for a long time.

How was I going to tell them? I guess we would have a group meeting.

~That Night~

I had called the animatronics to the storage room for the meeting. They all arrived, but they didn’t know anything.

“I’m sorry I gave you no information on why I gathered you here.” I said telepathically.

They all looked so confused.

“I’m sorry, but the restaurant is closing.” I continued.

They all looked shocked.

“That’s ok. We’ll all be together in storage, right?” Toy Chica asked.

If I could cry, I would’ve.

“That’s just the thing. They’re going to…to scrap all you newer guys.” I said.

They all looked at me. Toy Chica looked straight into my eyes. They all did.

“I’m so sorry.” I said.

After that, it was an emotional moment of pure grief.

We finally pulled ourselves back together. We knew that we would only have so much more time together. We had to enjoy our last days together.