The Puppet

Logan’s POV

I floated around. The others discovered how to possess the animatronics.

I decided that I would too. I floated into the prize corner and saw a new box. It looked like the one that I died inside of. A kid payed some tickets to the guy at the counter. Then a little jack in a box tune started.

Then out of nowhere, a puppet jumped out of the box and gave the child a special prize. It looked like the mask the killer had put on me.

I decided that that was the one I would possess. I flew up to it. I looked at it. It didn’t see me. I touched its head and I got sucked in.

My vision was blurry for a second, and then it cleared. I was in the puppet body! I had succeeded. Now all I had to do was get home and see my mom.

But then I tried to speak. No sound came out.

Oh no! If I couldn’t speak, then I couldn’t tell my mom who I was. I tried to crawl out of the box. I fell over. I realized that my legs couldn’t move! This was a useless body.

I tried to call out to anyone. Finally, I got some sort of telepathic message. It was from one of the girl ghosts.

“Hey! We can communicate telepathically!” I said.

“That’s cool. Can you walk?” The voice said.

“No. Why do you ask?” I asked back.

“Because our bodies are shut down and won’t turn on.” She said.

I thought for a moment.

“I’ll try to crawl there tonight when no one is here.”

“Ok, thanks.” She said.

I wish I could remember who these people were. They must’ve been my friends or something.

~That Night~

When everyone left, they turned on a music box by me. I kept on falling asleep. Maybe it would run out of power.

Every once in a while a flashlight would shine on the box. Someone was watching me. I had to find him and stop him so I could help the others.

??? POV

I sat in the office watching the cameras. They told me to keep a music box running in the prize corner. They said that the guy in there acted up and the music kept him asleep.

At one point during the night, I fell asleep.

~Time Passes~

I must’ve been out for a while. Then I remembered the music box!

“Oh crap!” I said under my breath.

I turned on that camera. It was too late. The music box was off.

Suddenly, I heard a jingle all around the room.

“Where is that coming from?” I asked.

I was terrified.

Puppet/Logan’s POV

I played a jack in a box tune to confuse the guard, and when it stopped, that was when I would attack.

It stopped.

I leaped out at him and shrieked! He fainted.

I then crawled towards the storage room. When I arrived, I saw 4 broken robot animals.

“It’s me.” I said telepathically.

“Oh good, you’re here.” She said.

“Which one are you?” I asked.

“I’m the chicken. Come activate me.” She said.

I crawled to the chicken and opened the hatch on her back. I flipped the switch on her back. Her eyes flickered to life.

She looked at me.

“Thanks.” She said telepathically.

I nodded.

“Now give them life.” She said while pointing to the others.