Was I Fooled?

Marie’s POV

I sat on my couch and wept. I missed Logan so much. It has almost been a week since he died. But still it feels like it’s been so long since last I’ve seen my son.

Puppet’s POV

I awoke to the sounds of children. Ugh, another day of entertaining these brats.

At least tonight we would get the night guard. I still didn’t know why I wanted him dead so bad. It was that strange influence. I guess I would find out in time.

~3 hours later~

Not many kids got a special prize from me today. They must’ve been saving up or something. Not that I cared, but sometimes it felt good to see the smile on their face when I gave them a special prize.

I shook away those feelings.

I felt like I may have been losing my mind.

Suddenly, I got a strange message.

“Meet us in kid’s cove at 11:00pm. The music box will be disabled.”

Someone had sent that telepathically. It had to be Mangle. But why did she find this so important?

~10:50pm~

She was right! The music box was off.

I began to crawl towards kid’s cove. It would take a few minutes.

I finally arrived at kid’s cove. I knocked on the door. It opened quickly an something pulled me in. I soon realized that it was Mangle.

“Mangle, you scared me!” I said telepathically.

“Sorry, no one can know.” She responded.

“Know what?” I asked.

She sighed.

“I don’t think that the night guard is who killed you.”

“Why?” I asked, not knowing what to expect.

“Well, I was there when it happened and this guy doesn’t look like the guy. And the guy who killed you is in jail.” She said.

I then realized that she was right! Whatever got in my head was lying.

“Thank you Mangle, I’ll take this into account.” I said trying to sound unconvinced.

But I was convinced. I just couldn’t let her know yet. Besides, I needed to find it out for myself.

I needed to capture the night guard.