Chapter 1 - The Auction

A/N: This takes place after the Originals left for New Orleans, it is a time jump of around 5 years. No Hayley and Baby.

Jeremy was killed by Katherine. There was no sire bond. Kol didn't die and Silas didn't get released.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything, it all belongs to Vampire Diaries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elena, Caroline & Bonnie have finished college, Elena is becoming a writer, Caroline is has a job as an events planner and Bonnie is following in her grams footsteps.

Caroline gets a call that she has an event to plan based in New Orleans. They all decide that since they just graduated they would take this opportunity to celebrate.

The initial event is outside the French quarter, they stay in a hotel just outside and get all dressed up, Elena in a regency chiffon strapless dress with a wavy ruffle and a sweetheart neckline. Bonnie in a black satin strapless dress, with a beaded mid section and the back is laced up and finally Caroline is in a royal blue satin strapless cocktail dress, ruffled skirt with beading on the top hem. The event isn't too formal; Caroline stated it was just highly respected businessman and his clients. Deciding there was no need for the evening gowns and tuxes.

All three girls left for the event early, even though it wasn't her friend's jobs they helped with preparations. Following orders given by Caroline, they had prepared a huge white mansion to place the event, the foyer had staircase that split down each side of the room. All three girls looked at their work and smiled standing at the top of the stairs. Waiters were walking around with trays of beverages, a live band playing in the grand hall. Everything was ready and the guests were arriving.

"Mr. Jameson, everything is ready, if you need anything come find me, I will do the announcement at 8" Caroline smiled and shook the businessman's hand and turned on her heel to walk away.

She went to find Elena and Bonnie who were talking to a couple near the bar. As she approached, Elena saw her and added bourbon to the order, once she had arrived her drink was ready and waiting. In one smooth motion she gulped down the amber liquid and sighed, weeks of preparation and the night had finally arrived, now to see it through. At least she had her two best friends here.

They decided that since it was going to be a long night they would quickly go out for a real 'drink', Bonnie being around her vampire friends so long didn't have a look of disgust on her face anymore and went with them. They were only gone 20 minutes, taking what they needed and making sure they weren't seen, and making sure make-up was still in place, no one wants to see blood dripping from the innocent girl's mouths, not humans anyway.

As they walked back into the entrance, the double doors were opened for them, laughing amongst themselves as they walked in not noticing who was watching.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elijah's POV

Elijah along with his brothers Niklaus and Kol were stood with Mr. Jameson, Director of the local hospital which meant it was easier to get a source for their blood bags.

As they stood mid way on the stairs they heard the door open, it wasn't very loud but with vampire hearing and being over a thousand years old you're used to it. He watches as three stunning women walk in but they aren't just any women, he notice they are familiar faces, especially one.

He wants to stop the sudden chit chat and go over to greet them, but something pulls him back, last time he spoke to her she had her emotions off, and then he decided to leave to New Orleans, he couldn't do it now but hopefully he could accidentally run into them later. He smiled to himself and took another sip of his drink, not taking his eyes off her as she walked across the foyer below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After they had returned from feeding, they headed to the bar and Caroline told the girls to follow her as she had to do an introduction to do for Mr. Jameson.