Chapter 2 - First Date: Elena and Elijah

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story, they all belong to the creators and writers of The Vampire Diaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How long were you watching us?" Bonnie asked but was almost afraid of the answer; she didn't want Kol of all people to witness their drunken silliness.

"Well I must say you have a lovely voice, sweetheart" came Klaus's voice from behind them, they could only stand in shock, if someone had a stake right now it would be perfect they wouldn't even flinch, as they had already died of embarrassment.

"Oh God! You were listening the WHOLE TIME!" Caroline's voice had reach a tone Bonnie and Elena only witnessed on few occasions, this side of Caroline wasn't to be messed with and she was mad, really mad. They even winced at the shriek that came following it, a whisper for a vampire was enough; add the scratching against a black board along with that made you wish you were deaf.

Elena knew she had to settle this; a drunken Caroline wasn't a very forgiving person in this state. So she decided to warn them that now may not be the best time to have a chat. "Hey guys, can we talk tomorrow...she'll probably try and stake you right now. And yes I know you can't die but doesn't mean she won't try" she eyed each of the originals and they just gave her a nod. Her eyes landed on Elijah and she saw him with a small smile, she wasn't really mad at them. Caroline was an angry drunk, Bonnie and herself was more smiles and giggles as drunks.

Once the guys had left, they made sure everything was how it should of been left, and they made their way back to the hotel. Generously the host had left them a limousine to take them back, it was the least he could do since the night had proven to be successful.

On entering the hotel room they decided to share, growing up they had spent many sleepovers squeezing into the same bed, they all quickly got changed and showered, Elena and Caroline both fed on a blood bag and then retreated to the soft hotel bed. They had no plans as of yet, so a feeling of relief overcome them as they didn't have to be anywhere. They slept off their hangovers and succumbed to the deep sleep they truly needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning after...

The next morning had breezed past, they were still asleep and it was slowly hitting 11am when a vibrating sound started to fill the room. "Urgh! What is that noise?!" Caroline almost squealed she planted her head under the pillow to drown out the sound. After a few seconds the tune of 'Born This Way by Lady Gaga' was ringing on a phone.

Elena immediately shot up and got out of bed at vampire speed and said "It's mine", all Caroline could say was "Seriously?!" with a raised eyebrow. Elena only laughed and said "I was born a Doppelgänger, I kind of was born this way" that earned her a little smirk but her friend still wasn't pleased at being woken up.

Elena looked at her phone and saw that it wasn't the Salvatore's calling her but none other than the eldest Original. "Elijah, Good Morning" she smiled to herself, if she had to admit it to herself she was happy that he had called, she had missed him and now that she wasn't in such a love triangle with the two brothers, she could finally admit that she did feel something for the noble and honourable Mikaelson.

"Elena, I was wondering if you would accompany me at dinner tonight." Elena took in a breath, she hadn't expected him to be so straight forward, although she was just auctioned off to him last night, it didn't take her long to decide, she already knew the answer "I would love to" she could hear the smile in his voice when he spoke "I shall pick you up at 7, outside your hotel". It was finally happening, a date with the gorgeous man who loved his suits. She almost felt shy at this point; she was going on a date! What was she going to wear, where were they going... Questions going a thousand miles a minute in her head, she looked up and found two pair of eyes looking at her, nodding for her to reply, she quickly caught on and answered him "Ok, I shall see you then" and she hung up.