Chapter 8 - Fairy Tales and Monsters

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story, they all belong to the creators and writers or The Vampires Diaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After speaking with Adrian, Elena started to feel dizzy. In this world of nothingness there were no buildings, lamp-posts or anything she could use to keep her steady. She stumbled as the world around her began to blur. It wasn't long before her legs gave out and Elena eyes filled with darkness.

Elena woke again with a gasp, but upon seeing her surroundings she was confused. It seemed like she kept having blackouts, she didn't seem to remember what happened before this, only a shop and Elijah.

She found herself laying on a padded piece of furniture, it didn't feel quite as comfortable as one would hope. Elena felt a heaviness on her chest and when she looked down Elena found herself in a long violet dress, her hair had light curls with the top half clipped.

Elena felt like she had been banished across time, after acknowledging the fact that her clothes had transformed into something not of this time, she took a look around.

The walls around her towered up high made solely of stone, one window allowed the sunlight to illuminate the room. A single wooden door stood strong behind her, there was nothing of significance in this room, the place where Elena previous laid and a table were the only pieces of furniture in the room. The walls around her towered up high made solely of stone, one window allowed the sunlight to illuminate the room. A single wooden door stood strong behind her, there was nothing of significance in this room,

She sized up the door, it didn't look to difficult to breakthrough. But her plans were thwarted when even her strength didn't even make a dent in the wood. It looked like a rickety old door but no matter how hard she tried the door wouldn't budge. It didn't even rattle.

"Where the hell am I? It's like I'm in a freaking fairy tale" Elena mumbled to herself.

A glance out the small window didn't offer any ideas, all Elena saw was ash and dirt. She huffed with frustration and decided to take the old school approach, bang on the door.

"Help!"

"Can anyone hear me!"

"Help! What do you want!"

All of Elena's calls were unanswered, she paced the room hastily while balling her hands into fists. She didn't know what to do, Elena was stuck, alone and worried about Elijah. If she was here and he was with her last, then where was he?.

It seemed as though hours went past, the light still shone through. Elena heard footsteps coming from behind the door, they slowed as they approach. It went silent until a small area at the bottom of the door opened and a tray of food slid into the room, even with vampire speed, Elena was too slow to take a peak at her capture.

There on the tray was some fruit, bread and a cup of blood, animal blood. The difference the smell made to her sense was great, but Elena hadn't fed in a while. She needed to take the edge off her bloodlust, so the grade B blood would have to do.

The blood left an unwanted after taste, it was disgusting and she had only known one person to drink it regularly and that was Stefan. And it wasn't really by choice, the call of human blood brought out the ripper in Stefan and to curb that, animal blood was the answer.

Deciding to wash away the rancid blood from her taste buds, Elena though to eat the fruit provided, it would help to wash away the taste and even as a vampire you could enjoy the human food idea, it was best to keep up appearances.