Chapter 4 - Night Out Part 1

A/N: This chapter is a bit more serious, I just wanted to explore the reasoning of why she was upset, she may seem a bit like Katherine in this, but that's because she is really angry.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the story and I again apologize for any grammar errors, or anything badly written.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story, they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the girls went out Elena decided to get dressed and venture out to a bar, the night life was supposed to be amazing in New Orleans and seeing as she wasn't going to sit around on her own. Elena could feed on her way there, she was lucky to have Caroline help with her transition. She taught her how to feed from the vein without killing anyone and keep her bloodlust at bay. They often went hunting together, on rare occasions Bonnie would come along to give an aneurysm or two if things got out of hand. Her two best friends really helped her become something she never wanted to be in the first place.

Although she didn't like Rebekah for running Matt and herself off the road, she could understand her reasoning. Since losing Jeremy she could understand the pain, anger and aim to prevent anything else from happening to her family. Over the years they hadn't heard much from the Originals only that they were still around, Caroline often received gifts in the post from Klaus. She never sent anything back but it did show that over the last 5 years he still hadn't given up.

Flashback

5 Years ago

Elijah had returned just as the fight at the Mikaelson mansion happened, he had taken Elena in his arms and carried her home. He left her in the hands of Jeremy, he later found that she was in the hospital and convinced Meredith Fell to give her his blood. An Originals blood is so pure that they heal much faster and with Elena's head trauma slowly killing her, he could only hope that she wouldn't hold his actions against him.

On the night that Elena woke up in the morgue, she was facing a distraught Stefan who had guilt written all over his face. Damon was blaming Stefan for saving Matt first, even though it went against Elena's final wishes. She had accepted her fate, not realizing she had a certain Originals blood in her system.

Once Elena had woken up in transition, Damon had already placed a blood bag in her face and was trying to convince her to drink to complete the transition. "Drink the blood Elena, I won't let you die unlike my brother" Damon snarled looking at Stefan. He would have gladly left Matt to die if it meant that Elena would be alive.

"No! Damon I never wanted to be a Vampire, just stop it!" Elena emotions were going out of control and she had tears running down her face, right at that moment she decided she needed to escape; she still had a few hours before morning so she would be safe from burning into ash.

She quickly run out the room and within minutes she was out of the hospital, as she was running into the car park her body collided with another. She became lost in dark brown eyes looking into her soul. She didn't even think in that moment and just wrapped her arms around him and cried. Cried for the future family she will never have, for the people she had lost and cried for the life she never wanted. Without even realizing it he had picked her up and taken her home, with the aid of Jeremy she was able to enter her own house, she didn't know why but she found comfort in Elijah's arms. He was always one to give her choices and accept them. So when she finally stopped crying he asked her "What do you want Elena?"

No one had ever asked her what she wanted, it was either this way or that way but neither were her choices and when she did finally choose the Salvatore's often took it away. It didn't take her long for her to realize that she wanted to live.