Chapter 12 - Back to Reality

A/N: The next chapter will be the final chapter, it will be the epilogue.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters in this story, they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How much longer is this going to take?!" Katherine paced the back of the occult shop, it had been closed for the last couple of hours, they had used a spell to keep the Salvatore's and the original sister away.

"Well if you stopped interrupting every five minutes it would be quicker. Anyway the spell I did won't wear off anytime soon." The witch Julia spoke happily.

"How can you be so sure?" Katherine was dubious of the witches claim. Every spell had a loophole.

"You've said it yourself 'Love is a vampires greatest weakness', unless they miraculously fall in love they won't be waking from this spell." Julia watched as Katherine's face slowly formed a smile. She was right you can't fall in love with someone in a couple of hours.

"Fine we have time, but why is it taking so long anyway? I thought you just needed their blood and some stuff for your hocus pocus. I didn't steal a family heirloom from my lookalike for it not to work."

"I'm following the instructions you found in the Gilbert box. Humans can only take so much blood at a time and since he has to ingest one pint of blood from five different people...it's taking a while. I'm trying to make it faster by doing a spell but it won't work at all if he starts vomiting." Julia tried to explain to the older doppelgänger without angering her.

"I get it...just hurry up! The sooner they are human the sooner we can kill them. Klaus will be human and I can spend the next decade hunting him like he did me. The original hybrid will finally know weakness." Katherine smirked as her plan was coming together.

Katherine wanted to be rid of the original hybrid but a white oak stake to the heart wouldn't work without killing her in the process and she liked her life. And it would be exceptionally better without Klaus hunting her down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The occult shop in the quarter wasn't very big, but it was enough to house all the bodies that currently lay comatose on the floor. Elijah and Elena's bodies were placed on a large table in the back room, due to them being out for a longer period of time they were placed in a more convenient space. Whereas the other four had to placed where space would allow them.

For the moment the shop was closed and wouldn't be opened until the witch had completed her task. Katherine had used her abilities of compulsion to keep customers away, and even found time to move the excess bodies.

Rebekah and the Salvatore's weren't needed so she moved them with vampire speed to a warehouse outside the French quarter. Using vervain to weaken their state and binding them up, it would give her enough time before they awoke from their snapped necks and chased her down.

In the back of the occult shop the witch Julia continued to chant, lying on the table as Elijah on the right and Elena on the left. Katherine was still pacing and getting a little anxious, although the amount of room wasn't much as she had to avoid the bodies placed against the wall with their legs spread across the floor.

No one had noticed the first movements of an original. It was only slight, but it was enough to out anyone on edge if they had seen it. A drone like voice filled the room as the original began to fight through the daze, movement under the eyelids would have been seen if anyone looked.