Chapter 10 - Visionary Wonderland

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story, they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had been wandering the land that seemed never-ending. Elena had followed Elijah's instincts, which led them down a boring path that looked the same as all the miles beforehand. This world was different, the grass was actually greener, birds were singing and a slight breeze was blowing. For a brief moment Elena felt human. No constant fight against bloodlust, she felt alive and thought that Elijah did too.

They had a light conversation on their walk, Elijah was following a small path and somewhere along the way he grabbed Elena's hand in his and they hadn't separated since. Even though they didn't need to sleep or eat, Elena still wanted to find a place to rest. The never-ending walking was frustrating her, she just wanted some hint of life in this world.

She didn't feel the curse of being a vampire at this very moment. The dusty path was just straight and narrow, never veering off to the side, passing the same trees or that's what she was beginning to think. Elena grew tired of it after a while and wanted to rest, nothing was making sense and now all she wanted to do was find a place that wasn't green and full of leaves. She had started to become sick at the sight of it all.

It wasn't much longer after Elena thought this that a wooden hut appeared in the forest. Straying from the pathway stood a small hut that looked old and worn. Without hesitation Elena tugged on Elijah's hand, urging him to check out this abandoned house.

They were quiet and being vampires that was done without difficulty. While treading lightly and looking around the empty building, they came to the conclusion that they could enter. At least hope they could, the invitation of vampires was a bit fuzzy in this strange world. Using little force the door swung open, releasing a creak as it widened further.

Even though the place looked unused, the inside told a different story. It looked as though the residents had left in a hurry, leaving half eaten food on the small table. Elena couldn't complain because all she just wanted to do was sit down for five minutes and this was the first and only place they had seen in miles.

Elijah was busy looking around the house and Elena was just delighted with resting that they didn't hear the snapping of twigs from a distance. Someone was coming and they weren't aware, in fact several footsteps were walking towards their resting place. When Elijah did finally take notice, he openly cursed himself for being such a fool. A vampire as old as himself wouldn't have made such a colossal mistake. But by then it was too late and their was no escape. The door to the house opened without hesitation and in came some people that didn't seem surprised by their presence.

"Princess..." One of the men whispered and others gasped.

"I can't believe you were right..." Elena whispered so quietly that no one but Elijah could hear her and with his ancient vampire abilities he heard loud and clear, smirking in response.

"Yes...it seems I was correct, if I may say there are seven dwarves." Elijah whispered back while he possessed a huge smile on his face. Seeing these dwarves made his theory completely true and he knew Elena couldn't dispute it.

Their secret conversation was soon interrupted when one of the men asked a question. "Snow White how did you escape the spell placed by the wicked witch?"

"I...I met my Prince. Everyone meet Elijah, my Prince Charming." Elena looked at her seven companions and then at Elijah. She gave him a subtle wink and tried to suppress the laugh wanting to erupt.