Chapter 4

It has been a month since I started working here and I've become close friends with McCoy, Jim, Uhura, and maybe a little with other people in the ship especially with those who are usually at the bridge. Spock was still pissing the hell out of me even off work, he had to be there every time we had a casual meet-up because he was friends with the others – except me. He despises me.

I was at the office doing paper works, reading every page to make sure I don't miss out on any information. I stood up to get myself water, walking to the door, I jumped when Commander Spock opened it from the other side to go in, I was going to move aside but the ship's abrupt stop made me lose balance and stumble on top of him who also fell. I worriedly propped myself up with my arms, not even looking at the Commander who was still under me. "We have to get to the bridge now." The Commander said and I immediately got up, grabbing his arm and helping him stand before running to the elevator. 

Call me a psychopath but I felt a bit excited about the whole thing — not about dying but about experiencing this sort of stuff. Just imagine if I immediately die in this mission and it was just my first time, that would be funny. And also a weird thinking.

"Permission to enter —"

"Spock, what is that?" Captain Kirk asked, worriedly looking at the large spaceship that was in front of us. Their ship seemed to be preparing to shoot so Jim immediately told Sulu to keep our shields up. "Prepare to attack." Jim said, sitting down on his chair. 

"Wait no —" I said, distracting everyone in the bridge, the enemy suddenly attacked and we all stumbled on our feet. "Lieutenant No —"

"Hail them! Hail them now!" I ordered, "Please." I looked at Lieutenant Uhura who nodded at me, doing all she can to try and hail them.

"I'm sorry Captain but if I'm not mistaken, those are Heinans." I explained, recognizing the built of their ship. "That may not be possible as —" "Not now, Commander Spock. I don't need to bicker with you right now, this is serious." I said, cutting him off, well aware that I've disrespected him as a higher rank, I heard Kirk snort. "Lieutenant Nova —"

"If I'm right about this, I order you around for a week." I said, making a wager out of the situation. "No." He declined. "Then don't interrupt because I know what I'm doing." I said, adding under my breath, "I hope." Kirk laughed, tapping my back. 

We were able to successfully hail the captain of the ship and as I expected, they were Heinans. I've found interest in their culture back in the Academy, I've learned that they used to be part of the federation. But grew independently after time. I've studied everything about their language, their culture, their characteristics, even the star ships they built for voyaging.

"You just started war against our federation. I am going to ask on behalf of my Captain, why did you attack us?" I said, making sure I'm grammatically correct at speaking their language. I never thought I'd actually be able to use this language.

"We apologize for our sudden attack, we thought you were enemies."  Their Captain replied. I looked at Kirk before continuing to speak, "I am a Science officer, Lieutenant Nova, this is our good Captain, Captain Kirk." I introduced, Jim looked at me when I mentioned his name, he then gave the Heinan a nod.

"I am Jabuali. The Captain of this ship."

"May I ask what you're doing out here? Hein is far if I can recall."

"We had been staying out here for the reason of scavengers taking over our planet, Hein. We cannot risk getting back and fighting them as we are outnumbered. A lot of our people were killed and I had only managed to escape along with 200 others of my own kind. We've been living in this ship for 2 Earth Years and we're going to run out of supplies soon." He explained. "I'll inform my Captain, and hail you back." I said, and he nodded, as the call was done.