Chapter 5

"I will not tend to you —" I was cut off when he suddenly slapped me, making me fall back. "HEY!" Jim shouted, trying to free himself from the others' hold. A spear of a mindless Heinan who was holding it in front, cut through my side, making me grunt in pain. I could feel the cold coming in from the ripped part of my suit. I tried to cover the hole."No woman speaks disrespectfully to men!"

"Kill everyone else." He then ordered and the Heinans started to go near everyone I came with.

"What do they want from her? Tell him to let her go!" I heard Jim shout again, probably talking to Jabuali.

Lo'ae seemed like he was going to completely rip my suit off when the Captain of the other ship shouted, "Spare us! Spare us and I will bring you more of what this planet desires." He said, catching Lo'ae's attention.

Lo'ae examined Jabuali suspiciously, but after the moment, nodded. "Speak." He ordered, walking closer to him. I was left seated on the floor, panting and holding my side. I could feel the oxygen in my suit slowly decreasing as it was getting harder to breathe and my bleeding couldn't stop.

"Scotty. Scotty, can you hear me?" I asked, panting, hoping my connection was still online, "Scotty."

"If you lower your guards." He said, "If you do not, then we'll die without you knowing what I am referring to."

Lo'ae ordered all his people out, leaving us in the hall. "People... I brought people with me when we escaped from your hands. Majority of them are women." He said. "If you vow to protect the planet and kill no one — I will bring them here." The captain said. 

I felt someone touch me from behind, automatically making me turn to hit the person as a defense reflex only to see Commander Spock attending to my aid. "I'm sorry, it was a reaction." I said under my breath. He was going to take my hand off my cut but I stopped him, "I'm fine." I grunted, not wanting help from the Vulcan. "You are distressed, your suit is ripped, and your side is bleeding. Lieutenant, you are in no way appearing to be fine." He replied, I just rolled my eyes at him. "Yeah, well, I'd rather die here than get your help, Commander." I sarcastically said, looking directly at him, his eyes showed the same expression he had when he complained to Jim to remove me under his supervision. Ah, yes. He's annoyed.

"Very well, then. Suit yourself." He said, removing his hand from me. "If I die, just know, I was your responsibility." He placed his hand back on my back and on my legs, attempting to carry me up. "What are you doing? You're too close." I whispered-yell. "I am carrying you up." He said. "Or you can just drag me to the ship, I bet that's how you brought me to med bay when I passed out." I said, glaring at him. "Something tells me, you acting like this is you attempting to provoke me, which you can never achieve, Lieutenant." He says. I snorted, "Ya think?"

"Spock! What are you doing? I told you to bring her back to the ship." I heard Jim's panicked voice, walking towards us. "I was going to Captain but she —"

"Lany — Lany, I'm bringing you back to the ship now." Jim said breathlessly, not waiting for Commander Spock's explanation. "I can still hold it, Captain. They're almost done negotiating." I said, gasping for air. "Your oxygen level is significantly decreasing, you cannot stay here any longer." Commander Spock said. "No shit, Sherlock." I muttered."Let them go now, they are humans and shouldn't be exposed to our atmosphere. They cannot survive." I heard Jabuali say.

I wanted to listen more to their agreements but my situation was preventing me to. Last thing I remember, we were beamed back by Scotty and I was rushed to med bay.

***

I woke up to a dream that I had been slashed on my side. My heart was racing fast and my mind was running through a lot of playbacks. I looked around me and noticed I was back home where I lived almost 9 years ago, with my grandparents. I scanned the room, almost tearing up at the memories that came along with everything in it. "My movie posters are still here." I chuckled, knowing how much my grandmother hated them because they were not "pleasing" to look at and she even suggested that I should choose religious posters instead. It's been so long since I've been here and nothing changed. I miss this place.