Chapter 6

Later that same day, Zim wandered around the corridors of the school in a rather positive mood, enlightening everyone he passed with a genuine smile. He used to despise this mentality back when he was only set out to destroy Earth and noting else, but after having surreptitiously grown to love the planet, he questioned wether he actually wanted to destroy it just to please his Tallest. After appreciating literally everything and everyone around him, he decided: he was going to put the construction of his world-ending machine on hold. No more destruction for a while. Zim became fond of this new feeling of 'happiness' that had plagued him in the best of ways, and continued his journey to English class.

Awaiting the arrival of both Zim and the teacher, Dib messily fumbled with his equipment, he had to stop liking Zim, it was making him feel sickly, and worse than that, if he doesn't confess or stop his feelings his grades will drop due to lack of concentration. He can't confess, so he'll have to stop liking Zim, somehow. The teacher arrived, and Zim not soon after.
"Today you will make the necessary props for your assignment." She announced begrudgingly. She then went on to list other important information like the materials and the textiles they have prepared or the time in which they have to do it. etc. The lesson really began and the two boys met up to gather various materials for their fish tank. Zim shot a gleeful smile at Dib, causing Dibs cheeks to uncontrollably heat up once more. The fish tank! What if he tried to expose Zim again, if he's taken away by the government, Dib won't ever have to worry about liking him. He could expose him when they look at one another through the fish tank on the night of the performance where everyone will see that's he's an alien! He couldn't deny that he loved Zim, but exposing him would mean he'd never have to.
"Are we going to craft and paint a cardboard cuboid, and dangle intricately painted fish from it, then Dib?" Zim inquired, immediately snapping Dib out of his thoughts.
"Umm sure. Do you want to do the fish or the tank?" After a considerably well crafted attempt at a fish tank the boys had a go at looking at one another through it. Zim's Smile capacity increased, and Dib couldn't contain himself, he indulged in the aliens presence, what a peculiar sensation of sickly butterflies and sweaty palms.

When the lesson ended, Zim stopped Dib upon his depart.
"I know you get top marks for all your subjects except PE." The alien blurted.
"Umm yeah?" Dib confirmed.
"Help me with this!" The alien reached somewhere in his 'backpack' and pulled out a couple sheets of physics homework.
"Oh, I can help you with that, but I refuse to do it myself." Obviously in a good mood, Zim thankfully didn't try his last technique of getting Dib to do something, which ultimately didn't work but intimidated Dib regardless, which involved getting as close to Dib as possible before he gave in.
"Ok where should I be?" Zim asked surprisingly politely, alluding to the the idea of them meeting up somewhere.
"Uhh in my bedroom?" Dib mentioned, JOKINGLY. He really didn't mean to say it aloud, but the dirty side of his mind got the better of him. Zim naively accepted the invite and sauntered off to please others with his tranquil smile.

Later after school ended, there was a knock on the door of the membrane household. Zim stood patiently outside only to be greeted by Gaz who was still managing to defeat Calamity Ganon from the doorway. She screeched for Dib to come down and Dib did so instantly. A scruffy looking nerd stood on the stair only to see Zim outside, the alien then produced the homework. Dib gesticulated, ordering Zim to follow him upstairs. Dib's silly bedroom door had several astronomy themed stickers, piquing the aliens curiosity. The room was surprisingly big, plentiful in Nasa branding. There were also many computers situated in one corner, reminiscent of Zim's basement lab. Dib sat comfortably on his unusually high bed, prepared for homework.

(My apologies. this chapter isn't as lengthy as usual, I got particularly weary)