Grimmauld Place

When the train arrived at King's Cross Station the next day, Draco's palms were sweating profusely. He hoped that his cheeks weren't as crimson as they felt, and when he was asked by Hermione, he blamed it entirely on the winter weather.

Hermione hugged Draco on the platform which surprised him, before her and Ron said goodbye, Ron eyeing him and Harry suspiciously as they apparated away to the Burrow.

Harry grinned up at Draco and began to walk towards the exit of the station. There were many muggles surrounding them, and Draco felt out of place in his black smart suit, thinking he should probably ask Harry if they could shop for some muggles clothes for him.

"Are we not apparating?" Draco whispered harshly, aware of the muggles around suspecting him of being crazy.

"I prefer to walk, and I wanted to show you some of muggle London to warm your pureblood heart." Harry was walking confidently now, with Draco shuffling awkwardly behind him.

"You've got a charm on your case to make it light then I suppose?" Draco glared at the back of Harry's head for making him walk. Merlin knows how far it was to Grimmauld Place.

"I just don't pack useless crap in mine." He turned and smiled cheekily, and Draco shook his head, suppressing his laugh. Don't let Potter think you like him too much, he thought

"It is not useless crap, Potter!" He defended. But he knew he was probably right. The pureblood in Draco had a tendency to collect every book from the magical world. But sometimes as much as he enjoyed reading these, he wished his parents would've let him read some muggle books once in a while. From what he heard there were many stories of magic made up as if it was a fairytale.

They hadn't actually been walking for long when Harry turned a corner down a grim street that looked out upon a small green. It was a muggle area, and not at all what Draco had expected to be the previous headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

They walked up the path of number 12, which seemed to be invisible to the few muggles that were around, and stepped inside. Harry, dumping his bag by the door as you would when you finally arrived home, strolled into the kitchen at the end of the hall happily.

Hastily, Draco also set down his case and followed him through, where he found him talking to a grumpy looking house elf, who he assumed to be Kreacher.

"Master Potter has brought Master Malfoy! What an honour it is to have two great masters in the house of Black!" Kreacher praised them both, before setting about to make them a meal, uttering proud words as he did so.

"The house of Black?" Draco questioned, watching Harry as he made himself at home at the long table they took up the majority of the room.

"It was Sirius's family home" he smiled weakly, and Draco instantly regretted mentioning it. He should have known better than to pry.

"I'm sorry. " His words were sincere, which was hardly ever heard from a Malfoy.

"Don't be, it's 3 years ago almost. So many more people have died because of me since." Harry lowered his gaze, so Draco wouldn't see the tears filling his eyes. He didn't want to appear weak, even if he wasn't his rival anymore.

"It wasn't your fault, Harry. It was- Voldemort's." Draco still struggled to say the Dark Lord's name.

"They wouldn't have died if he didn't want to kill me. And I led him to them." Harry turned away, unable to stop the tears from rolling down his cheeks now. He had been bottling this up for a while now whilst at Hogwarts, and he wondered why it had to come out now, in front of Malfoy, instead of later at night when he was alone.

"Harry..." There was something about Draco saying his first name that made his heart flip and his breath hitch. The way it just slipped off his tongue, as if he had always called him Harry and not "Potter" in his signature sarcastic tone.

Draco closed the space between them and wound his arms around Harry's torso, feeling the warmth of his body spread through him. He hoped Harry felt the same comfort.

Taking Draco by surprise, he nestled into him, resting his head onto his shoulder and soaking it in salty tears.

Looking back on it, Draco wondered how he had let Harry cry onto his neatly pressed blazer. Obviously he was more important than that now.

"Let it out, Harry, it's okay." Draco placed his hand on his back and stroked his spine in a soothing way.
And Harry cried harder.

"It felt like I had just found him." His words were muffled against Draco's shoulder but every cell in his body was listening to boy's broken thoughts.

"Just found a person who could be a father figure. A parent that I never had. We weren't related at all but I could tell he loved me like a son." Harry's breath was erratic as he let out a few more sobs, Draco still rubbing his back in any attempt to comfort him.

"And I-I killed him." A broken sob erupted from the boy, and his chest heaved.

"No you didn't, Harry. Bellatrix did." Draco's voice was barely audible, meant for only Harry's ears.

"I led them to him. Like I led Voldemort to Fred, Remus, Tonks..." Harry breathed.

"And who led them to Dumbledore?" Draco spoke suddenly louder. "Who led death eaters into the school? And who was tasked to kill Dumbledore?"

Harry was silent now.

"They didn't die because of you, Harry. None of them. They died for you, they died so that you could save everyone else. They laid down their lives so that the next generation, and you, could live. And sometimes I wish I was one of those people, instead of a coward. Because those are the people who will be remembered. Not Voldemort. They will always live on, " Draco took Harry's shoulder and pulled them apart, pointing to his chest, "In here."

"The ones that we love never really leave us."