Yours till the end

The waves lapped silently on the shore of the Loch, drawing in and spreading out across the coarse gravel beneath their feet. The moon was still, high and bright, but the night seemed to have grown darker and colder as they pushed themselves closer to each other, heartbeats syncing.

Somewhere in the distance a howl shattered the silence and caused both boys to glance up from their wordless slumber, tangled in each others arms.

"Was that a werewolf?" Draco stammered from his place nestled into Harry's warm chest.

Harry snorted. They were the first words he had spoken since he'd crumbled before him. "I wouldn't be surprised. But don't worry, I'll protect you, little boy."

His attempt to lighten the mood succeeded momentarily as Draco's eyes lit up and a sarcastic smirk graced his pale lips. But it was soon gone and replaced with the pure terror and regret that seemed to be etched into his irises.

The silence fell again, but this time it was lighter, and less deafening that the heavy silence that drowned them before. It was almost comfortable, but not quite.

Draco had pushed his father's voice out of his mind for the time being, as well as the pending task he was set. Harry's arms were all he could think about now, and although he was encased by them, he enjoyed the sense of freedom and grounding that it gave him.

"So, are we going to talk about what happened?" Harry piped up, ruining Draco's daze of distraction from reality.

"Do we have to?" He croaked, nuzzling further into him, attempting to hide from the world and his duties.

Harry sighed, "Yes, Draco, I want to help you. I can't help you if you don't tell me." His voice was verging on the cold side. Perhaps he was a little angry that his lover had tried to kill him. Who wouldn't be?

"You can't help me." Draco replied, feeling himself sink back into the horrible emptiness of the past few days without Harry.

"So you have to kill me and I just have to let you?" He was evidently slightly annoyed at Draco's inability to share his thoughts.

"I don't want you to be angry." The blonde cowered, gripping Harry's hoodie tightly between his slender fingers, feeling the tears fill his eyes once again.

"How can I not be angry? You want to kill me!" He raised his voice but immediately regretted it whispering "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"I don't want to kill you." Draco shut his eyes tight unable to look upon any part of his lover right now, guilt running smoothly through every vein in his body and poisoning him slowly.

"But you said you have to." Harry stated, his voice calmer and more thoughtful now.

"Yes." Draco replied simply.

"Why?" Harry knew he was pushing his luck but he couldn't just leave it alone, as much as he knew that the Slytherin wanted that.

Draco swallowed, a lump forming in this throat, barring him from speaking the truth out loud. It was as if his father had cast a spell on him to stop him blabbing. And he wouldn't have put it past him to do so.

"Your father?" Harry prompted.

"My father." Draco repeated, his body seizing up at the words.

"What did he say to you when you went to see him?" The ravenette asked softly, his hand stroking the boys back in a calming way.

"He knows." Draco's words were limited and continuously kept Harry guessing.

"Knows what?" He asked, still slightly oblivious to the situation. Definitely not in Ravenclaw.