Finding Normality

The rest of the evening ran smoothly in Harry's opinion. Once he'd had a few firewhiskys he was back to what felt like his normal self. Of course it wasn't but without alcohol to loosen him up, he had always felt like a bore, full of insecurity and not allowing himself to let go. Alcohol gave him a sense of freedom, similar to how he had felt on the Hogwarts Express at 11 years old, finally escaping the Dursley's. He missed how carefree he felt then. There were no lives on his conscience. He hadn't even known the extent of his parents sacrifice for him.

He sat beside Draco on one of the creaky sofas beside the fire laughing at Hermione as she was being beaten easily by Ron at Wizard chess. She had never been good at it.

Leaning back, he wound his arm around Draco, taking him by surprise, "Harry." He hissed. They had a made the decision not to be so obvious with their affection towards each other, but clearly he had other ideas now.

Draco just let him in the end. What harm could it do, he supposed. It's not like anyone would notice in room that was bursting at it seems with jolly people. Molly was willing them to shut up so she could listen to Celestina Warbeck on the radio, with Fleur speaking loudly over it and Ron chuckling and snorting at Hermione's crushing defeat. No one would even notice, after all they'd forgotten that there was even a Malfoy in the room.

But he was wrong, of course.
"So you and Harry, huh?" George spoke from behind him. Draco's head whipped round to face him, pushing Harry's arm off him panicking. "Never would have guessed it." He continued, eyeing them both, a smirk etched onto his lips.

"The war changed everything." Draco said firmly, hoping that George wasn't too quick to judge him, and to be left alone.

"Clearly it did. But no one thought it would turns enemies to friends... to lovers." George pondered his eyes never leaving Harry's insistent hand against his back. Perhaps he was wondering if Harry had slipped him a love potion. Despite what he thought, he did seem smitten with the blonde boy, which had been obvious for the past few years. Surely Malfoy wouldn't feel the same about his sworn enemy.

"Neither did I actually." Draco glanced over at Harry, in his own world, happy. Butterflies filled his stomach just at the sight of his undamaged smile, a true smile, one that never usually graced Potter's stone carved grimace, as he had noticed before the war too.

"I think it's good actually." George stated, shocking Draco. He would've thought of all the people to hold a grudge because of the past, it would be Fred's own twin, but he was wrong apparently. "It's better to put the past behind us and be who we want to be, now that he's gone, we can find our normal. Just for me that had to be without- without Fred." He choked on the last words, trying to keep the sob in his throat.

Draco smiled kindly up at him, "And I'm sure you'll be okay. We're all just trying to find the parts of us that we lost." His heart hammered at the thought of two people so close for so long, even shared the womb together, being ripped apart prematurely. Fred should've had many more years of pranks and new Weasley's Wizard Wheezes inventions with his twin. Fate was evil. Voldemort was evil.

George bit his lip and nodded, his eyes glistening, then quickly moved away to talk to another.

Draco fought his way through the rest of the evening with no more tension filled conversations once everyone was on, at least, their 6th firewhiskey.

When he finally got Harry to stop trying to beat George, who was clearly cheating, at exploding snap, they stumbled out of the door, the ravenette kissing Mrs Weasley on the cheek and waving goodbye cheerily.

The previously snogging Hermione and Ron immediately jumped away from each other and glared.

"Sorry!" Draco took Harry's hand and dragged him towards the edge of the property to apparate. But before he could get there, Harry pulled him in and smashed their lips together hotly.

Draco prayed no one was watching, but his insides swirled at the feeling of Harry's hands on his body and their lips fitting perfectly together.
Another drunken kiss that this time he was quite sure Harry meant.

"Ginny! Go back inside." He heard Ron yell in the distance and hoped they were obscured by the darkness. Still, he broke away from Harry and they apparated back to Grimmauld Place, and on entering the hall, their lips were connected again.

They didn't make it to the bedroom. But they did make it to the living room where Draco straddled Harry on the armchair, kissing his neck wetly, taking in his sweet scent and listening intently to his intoxicated groans.

Harry pulled him closer, his strong arms firmly placed on the small of Draco's back. He relaxed into him, feeling himself melt into his gently rising and falling chest. Removing himself from his lap, he simply wound his arms around the exhausted boy beneath him.

Despite Harry not having said a word, he knew that he wanted to sleep, so he would sleep with him.

"Thank you for the best Christmas, Harry. I love you." Draco confessed through intoxication, not even thinking about his own words. But the boy was already fast asleep and so was he not long after.