Chapter 4: The Descent

"Nonononono," Dane panicked, frantically pushing the buttons inside the elevator, but to no avail. 

Allume let out a small laugh, one that made Dane fluster, and asked, "What's the matter with you? You don't like him?"

"Oh right, you have amnesia," Dane replied, his voice filled with sarcasm, "Do you not know how actually insane and dangerous he is?!" 

She shook her head and a smirk flickered on her lips, "Oh come on, that's what makes him great." Seeing Dane was still really uncomfortable with all this, she leaned forward. "Listen, it'll be fine. I'll tell him that you're cool and that he shouldn't kill you." 

Dane looked towards her and faked a smile. "Shouldn't. That's... so reassuring." The elevator screeched to a stop and the doors creaked open. Allume rolled her eyes and stepped out of the elevator car, leaving Dane behind her. He exited slowly, trying to keep his mind clear as they walked down the dark hallway, his hand ready at his gun. After they turned a corner, they came face to face with a cell door. Allume had stopped dead in front of it. Adjacent to the door was a sort of placard, which read: SCP-049 "The Plague Doctor," Euclid Class. Just below the sign was a key-card scanner. 

Looking down, Dane saw Allume staring straight up at him with her hand outstretched, palm up. He looked at her quizzically, quite confused at her actions. "What?" He asked, trying to figure out what the hell she was doing. 

"The key-card, you idiot." She responded, snapping back and making a grabbing motion with her hand.

He nodded slowly and laughed as he puled his key-card from a small compartment inside his armor-like suit and placed it in her palm. She inspected it for a moment when he gave it to her. Quickly, her eyes widened and she gasped, "Level 6?!" She had a sort of child-like glee as she inserted the card into the scanner and the doors opened. Her eyes glimmered under the fluorescent lights as she entered the cell. Dane followed, ready to pull his gun at any moment. 

A/N: sorry for the short chapter but i will have another longer one uploaded tonight! I'm simultaneously trying to work on an uncharted fanfiction and trying to finish out my senior year >~< but its going pretty well so far!