Chapter Four: Hungover and Moving Out

Quentin got a call from his father late at night.

"Penelope and I are heading home tomorrow at eleven a.m., and you will be married the day after at the courthouse. I hope that you have everything ready for our arrival. We would appreciate it if you were at the airport to pick us up with your mother." That was all his father said before he hung up, with leaving Quinn to say anything.

Luckily, he was already home so he could drown his sorrows in glasses of expensive scotch. Why...why him? Quinn questioned this terrible fate he seems to have found himself in. He has had girlfriends in the past, all of which were insignificant. He wasn't really into dating. In reality, he just hasn't found the one and he has given up on trying. Now, he will never have a chance to find her if he wanted too again. He wants someone to love, but this random girl is ruining it all.

Quentin vowed in his drunken mind to never fall in love with her. It certainly would not be a hard task.

The next morning, he was hungover, for sure. His head pounded and stomach turned. He was still wearing half of his suit from yesterday. That just reminded him that he still has to go to work today. He groans internally, looks through groggy eyes, and sees that it is around six-thirty. Quinn's body was so used to waking up at the same time for three years that even his recovering body woke up at that time.

He stumbles out of bed and into the shower right away. The scotch spilled a little on him. The shower helped the head a little bit, but overall, his body still felt like shit. In the kitchen, he took some pain relievers and started to look breakfast. He never had a cook with him because he was so independent. He enjoyed the cooking, even doing his own laundry. He liked the control he had over the little elements in his life when he felt that he had none. He only has a general maid come once a week to sweep and clean the main area. Quentin hates dusting and sweeping. He would gladly pay any some of money for that

He cooked himself his usual hangover meal. Lately, it seems like his only breakfast. A breakfast bagel with fatty bacon, an over-easy egg, avocado, with a banana. He isn't sure if it really helps with anything, but it does make him feel better. It was more like comfort food.

At the table, he scrolls through his phone, checking the news, social he has, just anything that doesn't have to do with this girl he has to marry tomorrow. God, tomorrow! He knows that there is nothing that he can do at this point. Hopefully, there is a point that he can divorce the girl.

He walked back to his bedroom/bathroom to finish getting ready: style his hair, brush his teeth, put on his cufflinks, and suit, and gather his materials for work.

Promptly at 7:20, Quinn gets in his car and drives to his building for 7:30. He loved living close to his place of work; it added less stress to a day that is already stress prone. He was also one of the first people in the building. The front receptionist has the responsibility of opening the main building, and she sat scrolling on her phone before the day began. Quentin didn't care too much; she always comes early, and the workday doesn't begin until nine. He, of course, worked extra. Around this time, custodians and cafeteria staff come around to prep for the in-coming employees.

He takes the elevator to his floor, where it was nice and quiet. He plops down at his big mahogany desk, turns on his computer monitor, and gets to work.

Throughout the whole day, he was more distracted than normal. He would constantly look at his phone, almost checking for messages from his father. When he put his phone in a place far from his body, he would actually get up from his desk and get another cup of coffee, or a glass of water. He barely got enough work done. He was thankful that he had another week to finish his work and also prepare for a major meeting.