Chapter Twenty-Eight: Thanksgiving II

"Ma, we're here!"

"Ugh! Finally! You are the last one to arrive," She yells out, walking towards the front door to greet them. Quentin shrugs off his jacket, and the two guest follow his lead. They gave there jackets to Quentin, who hung it to his left on an open spot. 

Amelia Romano stood there waiting, wearing a floral print apron over a short red dress. Her foot tap and her arms swung beside her hips. She blew the free strands of hair away from her face. Once the attention was on her, her eyes and whole face brightened up. Finally, she will have a chance to hug each and every one of them. Quentin walks towards her mother first, expecting her to hug her son first. However, he was wrong. Amelia pushed past her son and latched herself to Penny, her daughter-in-law. 

"Aw, I am so, so, so happy that you could came," Amelia raves. Penny started to calm down a little bit. The tight squeeze of her mother-in-law halted her from shaking out of control. She also smelled divine. It was a classic perfume, something that Penny likes to imagine her mother wore. 

She let go and brought her attention to the other's in the doorway. Penny got a chance to examine the interior design. The walls were clean white and a dark hardwood flooring. There were also three hallways leading away from the front door. It seems like they lead a living room and the kitchen. To her left was a little table topped with random books, decorative items, and two sconces beside it. So far, it was very different from her old home. This house feels like every open space was filled with life and love. Her house was fairly plain. She felt safe here. 

Once the greetings were done, Penny had to ask, "So, who is at this dinner?"

"Oh, Quentin didn't tell you? Shame on him," Amelia scolds. "Well, Penny, dear, it's just the kids. Thanksgiving has always been an intimate Romano thing. We don't really have a big family, but they are so far and spread out, they just come for Christmas."

The paperweight on Penny's heart lifts and frees her from anxiety. No one new, just the same old siblings, with the addition of Ben's family. 

Together, they walk forward, past the staircase upstairs to the open kitchen and dining room. The dark hardwood continues, along with the white walls. They past beautiful paintings and family photos. 

Yes, very different from my old home. 

The kitchen was also a similar white with white and gray swirled marble. The surprise was the dark, forest green cabinets. It was surely an accent piece that looked very nice in the supersized kitchen. The dining room table was huge. It can fit all of the Romano children, plus a lot of extra guest. 

The guest have formed groups around the kitchen. Amelia was correct, they were the last one's to join. There was one unfamiliar face, a woman who was having around Benjamin near the kitchen counter. On top of the counter was another unfamiliar face, however, this one was a young child about three-years-old. The woman had tanned skin and dark brown hair and flowed down her back. It had to be his wife, Sofia, and the child must be theirs. The little girl sat happily on the counter, trying to get the attention of there parents. 

Amelia made there presents known, and everyone put there attention on the couple walking in. She hears some "hi", some whispers of "Is that her?" (clearly from Sofia, who was curious at the girl), and then she feels the embrace of Addison. 

The only one missing from the group was Danny, so she had to ask where he was. 

"Oh, he is playing with Lukas," Addison answers. She was confused at who that was until she hears some yelling and a little boy runs past her. Danny is not to far behind, trying to catch the little boy, well Lukas.