Epilogue: Christmas Eve

It was a lovely Wednesday morning. Frankly, it was a lovely Christmas Eve. 

Once she got home after opening night and her third near death experience, she immediately went to bed. The second her face planted onto the pillow, she eyes closed and she was dreaming. 

For once, she didn't have scary or shocking dreams, like she should have. She had ones with her new family and Quentin. Some dreams, thinking about them the next morning, brought a flushed look to her face. 

Out of bed, she took her shower. She finally got a chance to wash away the sweat and grim from yesterday. She quickly put on a robe and found a small heater afterwards. It felt like the little water droplets froze on her delicate skin. She put on some cozy clothes, since Christmas Eve wasn't a day the family gathered on. It was going to be just her a Quentin. 

When shopping one day, she found a lovey and tacky Christmas sweater. It was a fuzzy, long-sleeved white sweater with chunky snowmen and decorated Christmas trees lined up in rows. Penny got one good look at it, and quickly took out her credit card. 

The rest of her outfit consisted of a part of tight fitted leggings and a random pair of gray socks. She let her hair air dry as she finished wrapping a few presents. She didn't know what to get people. She got small little trinkets that will hopefully come off as meaningful. 

She could hear Quentin rustling downstairs, so she decided to join him. She walked silently down the stair, creeping behind him as he busies himself. Getting right behind him, she then jumps on his back and yells, "BOO!"

Quentin jumps and makes a little shriek, clearly surprised as her actions. He almost throws her off his back, but quickly grabs her legs to prevent her falling. Her arms hook around his neck, so now she was getting a piggy back from him. They both start laughing, at each other and with each other. Both were clearly in a good mood. 

Quinn tries to turn his head to look at her, but human necks didn't crane that far. "Good morning my little monkey." This is the first time he has every called her an endearing nickname. 

"Good morning my big tree," She calls him back. "What are you making?" Penny looks over his shoulder and sees him standing over a large bowl with various baking material around him. 

"I looked up a recipe for making Christmas cookies and other treats. Would you like to help?" He asked. She now slid down his back and stands on her own two feet. 

Coming next to him, she says, "I would love too. Anyways, I am the better baker." 

"Well, see." He smiles at her. "Now, can you get me the sugar?"

"Of course, sugar," She winks at him. 

Together, they make three different types of cookies: chocolate chip, sugar cookie with Christmas colored sprinkles, and the hardest for them, gingerbread. Once done, they both felt like they could collapse. It was a long and arduous morning, but rewarding. 

Quentin and Penny once finished were both sick to their stomachs from eating so much sugary raw dough. That didn't stop them from making hot chocolates and drinking them in the living room. 

The Penthouse wasn't really decorated at all. Quentin's place wasn't were they celebrated Christmas, so their wasn't anyone to impress and entertain with beautiful decor. Also, the two have been very busy with work. Penny couldn't help but think if Ms. Birdie was here, then the place would be decorated. But what is...is, and there is nothing to to about it. She needs to be grateful for what is and not dwell on what's not. 

The house did have some fun elements. The couch now have a red and white snowflake blanket draped behind and matching throw pillows on top. The dining room table now has a festive center piece, with fake pine branches and red ball ornaments. A similar looking wreath sat on the front door. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough for a young woman that never celebrated the holiday in the first place. She is already amazed at what he had.